Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules. Post count not affected.
Oct 11th, 2007, 10:47 pm
Yesterday I had a great idea for a site. I even found a wonderful domain (frankly it was the best) - absolutely fall in the main idea, only 6 characters long (I mean for a .com), easy to remember and with a meaning (in Bulgarian). It was the first time I was buying a domain and I have tried in a couple of hosting sites. Late at evening I decided from where to buy and to wait for the morning to purchase.

Today when I tried to registered it , it was already taken. Some asshole has taken it and made ugly redirect to a hockey shop (which is totally out of connection to the domain). Also it was published that the site is up from 5th Oct( and the whois service points out the creation date - 10th Oct). When I called the ass he told me that he has plans to develop it... He is a lair and a thief....

How is this possible? How has he managed to understand about the domain? What have I done wrong?

Guro
Oct 11th, 2007, 10:47 pm

Check my site for fun - http://www.spanak.org
Oct 11th, 2007, 11:33 pm
Just curious, what is the domain?
Oct 11th, 2007, 11:33 pm

Support developers.
Oct 12th, 2007, 3:26 am
so what are you after?

if he registered the domain theres nothing you can do apart from buying it from him.
Oct 12th, 2007, 3:26 am
Oct 12th, 2007, 8:22 am
thebranded wrote:so what are you after?

I try to figure out what I have done wrong, where I have made a mistake and never to let this to happen again. Thats why I asked how is this possible?

thebranded wrote:if he registered the domain theres nothing you can do apart from buying it from him.

Yeap. I just have to look for another domain.
Oct 12th, 2007, 8:22 am

Check my site for fun - http://www.spanak.org
Oct 12th, 2007, 3:03 pm
Domains are becoming Real Estate hotspots, wait for a second would cost You millions...
Oct 12th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Samsung Note & Nexus 10
ROM:SlimBean

KUDOS TO ALL DEVELOPERS. THEY ARE GODS OF Mobiles
BR.
Saksham Katyal
Oct 12th, 2007, 6:34 pm
A lot of people will gobble up anything that can be used. Then they use it as a bet and hope that someone will come along and want to pay money for it (and hence they make money). You could always wait until it expires and then register it. You can also pay companies to snag it as soon as it expires (if you can be patient).

Keep in mind the world is big, so because it's a word in a language, makes it likely to be registered at some point. Especially if it's an noun or a verb (or the equivalent in your language).

Good luck, don't get too frustrated, you could always register it under .org, .net or something native to your country and just bail on the .com address.
Oct 12th, 2007, 6:34 pm