Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules. Post count not affected.
Dec 29th, 2020, 11:38 pm
I just tried this for the first time.

F*cking genius!
Dec 29th, 2020, 11:38 pm

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Jan 3rd, 2021, 1:29 pm
...Psst, hey Anonyma'am...Couldja maybe help a sister out with ripping a couple things if you got it to work? Thanks in advance!
Jan 3rd, 2021, 1:29 pm
Mar 10th, 2021, 3:32 am
Anonyma'am wrote:I just tried this for the first time.

F*cking genius!

Which method did you use? lemme know if it's working on march, 2021?
Mar 10th, 2021, 3:32 am
Mar 10th, 2021, 4:42 am
adityareds wrote:

F*cking genius!

The spreadsheet in post #13 of this topic. I haven't tried it today, but it was working 2 days ago.
Mar 10th, 2021, 4:42 am

Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
Mar 10th, 2021, 5:14 am
Anonyma'am wrote:
adityareds wrote:

F*cking genius!

The spreadsheet in post #13 of this topic. I haven't tried it today, but it was working 2 days ago.

Still working, bro. Thanks :)
Mar 10th, 2021, 5:14 am
Mar 10th, 2021, 7:09 am
Next challenge: can someone figure out how to do this with Hoopla (library rentals)?
Mar 10th, 2021, 7:09 am

Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
Apr 9th, 2022, 1:30 pm
Is this still a thing? I have a couple of open requests predicated on the assumption that this technology still works. Little help...? Thxbye?
Apr 9th, 2022, 1:30 pm
Apr 11th, 2022, 9:56 pm
AquilaLorelei wrote:Is this still a thing? I have a couple of open requests predicated on the assumption that this technology still works. Little help...? Thxbye?

Yes, it is. Use the spreadsheet in post #13.
Apr 11th, 2022, 9:56 pm

Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
May 31st, 2022, 12:34 am
this is how i do it - the spreadsheet method may be more viable, i haven't tried it, doubtful i will. these are the instructions i sent someone recently -

you can have 5 loans maximum. so after the 5 titles are obtained, click on 'Return now' per below - then you can take another 5. i do not know if there are daily limits.

1) go to url https://archive.org/details/distributiondeve0000fiel
2) near the top on left side is a blue 'Borrow for 1 hour' - click on the drop down arrow and choose Borrow for 14 days
if that is not indicated then it's not possible to download the title
3) the blue 'Borrow for 1 hour' changes to an orange 'Return now' with a drop down arrow - after you're done downloading the title, click the 'Return now'
4) scroll down the page - on the right side is '18 Previews' below that Purchase Options, below that Download Options - click on 'Encrypted Adobe Pdf' to get an .acsm file. when the file has downloaded onto your drive, double click it to get the title loaded into ADE (adobe digital editions).
if 'Encrypted Adobe Pdf' is not indicated, it means the title can't be obtained.
5) you need Calibre installed on your computer - v4.23. do not get a higher version. install it (if you have Calibre installed and it's a higher version, uninstall it - you need 4.23).
6) apprentice alf's adapted Tools (done by bibli0tik) v6.6.3
7) to install Tools:
a) open calibre
b) on the top row click on Preferences
c) open v6.6.3, click on the folder DeDRM_calibre plugin, and extract to your hard drive the file DeDRM_plugin.zip
d) in calibre, scroll down to the section Advanced, click on Plugins
e) at the bottom of the window are various things like 'Enable/disable plugin' - click on Load plugin from file - go to where you extracted DeDRM_plugin.zip, double click it, a window appears saying 'Installing plugins is a security risk' - click on Yes, a window appears saying it was successfully installed, click on Ok
f) it's important to make sure when you're back at the next screen, to click on Apply on the bottom right.
g) click on bottom right 'Close'
h) shut down calibre then re open it.
i) adapted Tools is now installed; this will remove drm, and if ever you buy a kindle title, it will remove kindle identifiers from the ebook.
May 31st, 2022, 12:34 am