Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules. Post count not affected.
Jul 30th, 2020, 3:11 pm
So the old method of downloading from archive.org has fallen through (no .pdf files available, apparently!?!)
And your "borrowing" period only lasts AN HOUR--YEAH, RIGHT! Any chance someone has got on a solution to crack this? There are a couple of books I would like and one for a friend of mine, at the *very* least! Any help on this front would be greatly, GREATLY appreciated and thanks in advance! Cheers!
Jul 30th, 2020, 3:11 pm
Aug 7th, 2020, 6:32 pm
Depends on the connection. If you're using the deDRM (Adobe DE + Calibre plugin) method it requires that after you click "Borrow for 1 hour" you click on the download pdf button as quick as you can before it disappears after loading. But click on "Borrow for 14 days" on some books and the download button is still there.
Aside from that, I found one method from libgen forum which involves the use of sandbox to extract images from borrowed book.

http://images.mobilism.org/?di=WT5MFPHY
http://images.mobilism.org/?di=V27JE8K1
http://images.mobilism.org/?di=3UW0FHGE
http://images.mobilism.org/?di=AWNE
Aug 7th, 2020, 6:32 pm

If you find all dead links on my releases, remember to PM me instead of replying on them! Thank you for supporting my releases!

Aug 7th, 2020, 11:49 pm
Yeah, I'm TRYING the de-drm method, or I WAS, at any rate...
Aug 7th, 2020, 11:49 pm
Aug 8th, 2020, 12:36 am
If you're having trouble with that (especially for 1 hour books), then I'll recommend the sandbox method as I mentioned. Just follow the instructions carefully and you're done. The downside is it has no OCR.
Aug 8th, 2020, 12:36 am

If you find all dead links on my releases, remember to PM me instead of replying on them! Thank you for supporting my releases!

Aug 19th, 2020, 9:36 pm
EnidLaliwen wrote:If you're using the deDRM (Adobe DE + Calibre plugin) method it requires that after you click "Borrow for 1 hour" you click on the download pdf button as quick as you can before it disappears after loading.

That indeed was a very good method that worked perfectly, but as of today that unfortunately doesn't work anymore...
I guess we will have to focus on the sandbox method from now on.
Any additional ideas are welcome!
Aug 19th, 2020, 9:36 pm
Aug 22nd, 2020, 10:30 am
Far easier, IMHO, to just page through the book and rip the images from your browser cache.
Aug 22nd, 2020, 10:30 am
Aug 24th, 2020, 4:22 am
havent had one i wanted since they went to hour. i just d/l. de drm with epubee. just takes a few secs/
Aug 24th, 2020, 4:22 am
Aug 27th, 2020, 2:13 am
Any new method folks?
Before 24th august it was working fine but now i can't download the books.
No access to epub or pdf . 1 hr borrowing ...really bad :(

After 20th aug this script was working fine but now its not working:
archive.org/services/loans/beta/loan/?action=media_url&identifier=(YOUR URL)&format=pdf&redirect=1
Not this : book code: ranghaizigengcon0000unse/page/8/mode/2up
POST ONLY THIS: ranghaizigengcon0000unse

If some IT guy can modify this link that will be useful as well. (if u do then plz post here) Here is the link:

archive.org/services/loans/beta/loan/?action=media_url&identifier=(YOUR URL)&format=pdf&redirect=1

So if anyone finds a new way plz post. Thanks :)
Aug 27th, 2020, 2:13 am
Sep 17th, 2020, 11:08 pm
Yes, that would be greatly appreciated! There are a few I'd very much like and I miss being able to rip them...
Sep 17th, 2020, 11:08 pm
Sep 19th, 2020, 11:07 am
AFAIK, the only way to do it now is to borrow the book, clear your cache, zoom in on the cover (AT LEAST enough times for the cover to go white and reload itself - more than that if you want REALLY big image files), page through EACH page of the book (I like to wait for them to load completely, just to be sure they're fully there), then open a cache viewing program (I use NirSoft's Chrome Cache Viewer - he has a similar program for Firefox, as well). Select all of the image files, "copy selected cache files to..." a new folder of your choice, and you've got the book. I like to spruce 'em up with some batch image editing, brighten 'em up, optimize 'em, compress them, whatever... then bundle 'em in a PDF or CBZ.

It seems like a lot, but it gets the job done... and once you've done it a few times, it goes super fast. It IS annoying to do for super long books, but it's still better than nothing.
Sep 19th, 2020, 11:07 am
Sep 21st, 2020, 1:25 am
1st time seeing this, am usually o ver at libg3n. "14 day loan required to access EPUB and PDF files." this is a problem, had d/led a whole buncha books from there, with some typos, but still readable. looks like you can still access older books in pubic domain. saw on reddit this is cos of politics.
Sep 21st, 2020, 1:25 am
Sep 21st, 2020, 6:33 am
nietzsche2222 wrote:1st time seeing this, am usually o ver at libg3n. "14 day loan required to access EPUB and PDF files." this is a problem, had d/led a whole buncha books from there, with some typos, but still readable. looks like you can still access older books in pubic domain. saw on reddit this is cos of politics.

Meh, not a problem. The issue we're having are the books with loans limited to 1 hour.

I do wish OCR was more reliable, though. Those epubs are sometimes a horror.
Sep 21st, 2020, 6:33 am

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Sep 28th, 2020, 12:13 pm
Could someone then thus help me rip a few things? Much appreciated...?
Sep 28th, 2020, 12:13 pm