Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules. Post count not affected.
Jun 22nd, 2021, 6:29 pm
Hello all!

My son has recently gotten into audio books, but I am unhappy with how much Amazon charge - a subscription that includes one audio book a month isn’t impressive when all the audio books we want are short kids stories!

However, I am yet to find a good iPhone based app that will do what I want! Which is:

Access mp3 audio books stored in my iCloud account
    Remember exactly where you go to, similar to audible
    Allow you to continue from multiple devices

The last point is a “nice to have” if I’m honest!

In fact, whilst I’m at it, In a dream there would be an app that has an Alexa plugin which would allow my son to continue listening to stories with a simple Alexa command!

Am I asking for too much?

Should I just continue to fund Bezo’s space travel?

I have a Synology NAS and could host these files locally on my home network, if iCloud is the issue.

Any help/advice appreciated- my son is just getting into books/audio books and I want to encourage encourage encourage!

Thanks in advance!
Jun 22nd, 2021, 6:29 pm
Aug 15th, 2022, 3:25 pm
Smart Audiobook Player is the best player for listening to audiobooks. There are so many features that make it the best option.
Aug 15th, 2022, 3:25 pm
Aug 16th, 2022, 2:24 pm
If you are looking for a free one I use "Sirin"
Aug 16th, 2022, 2:24 pm

Twitter @HgwrtzExprss
Join Mobilism Discord server to get instant updates on contests: https://discord.gg/JqD2wAWSGw

Aug 25th, 2022, 3:43 am
Came to ask the same question, but figured I'd search in case someone else had asked recently.

Is Sirin available for iOS?

What are other's recommended apps, for both iOS and Android?

Thanks!
Aug 25th, 2022, 3:43 am
Nov 4th, 2022, 2:00 pm
tannersarms wrote:Came to ask the same question, but figured I'd search in case someone else had asked recently.

What are other's recommended apps, for both iOS and Android?

Thanks!

Plus 1 for this because I need one for android also
Nov 4th, 2022, 2:00 pm

Don't hide your suffering.
Nov 4th, 2022, 5:54 pm
tannersarms wrote:Came to ask the same question, but figured I`d search in case someone else had asked recently.

What are other`s recommended apps, for both iOS and Android?

Thanks!
Raise for android is a FOSS app
tannersarms wrote:Came to ask the same question, but figured I`d search in case someone else had asked recently.

What are other`s recommended apps, for both iOS and Android?

Thanks!
Raise for android is a FOSS app
Nov 6th, 2022, 6:23 pm
BookPlayer
https://github.com/TortugaPower/BookPlayer
Import
Using AirDrop from your Mac or iOS device
From Files and other apps on your device
Via File Sharing in iTunes on your Mac or PC
Zip archives are supported and can be turned into playlists automatically
Manage
Maintain and see progress of your books
Mark books as finished
Drag & Drop to sort your library
Create playlists
Automatically play items in turn
Play the first unfinished file by tapping on the playlist artwork
Move files to playlists from the library or import them directly
Listen
Control audio playback from the lock screen or the control center
Play and navigate books with Chapters
Jump to start of the current book
Change playback speed
Smart rewind
Volume Boost
Support for remote events from headset buttons and the lock screen
Sleep timer with adjustable duration
Support for VoiceOver
Dark mode for night owls
BookPlayer Plus
Support Open Source development
Additional color themes
Select from alternative App Icons
Upcoming features
See our Roadmap on GitHub for details.
Nov 6th, 2022, 6:23 pm

I lost 12 TB of books, I am trying to rebuild.(10661 audiobooks on 2/25) Request for Reups will take more time than I would like. Please give me some grace
ALSO
If you want me to even look at you request post please take the time to atleast add a link to the book and covers are a bonus
Nov 6th, 2022, 6:28 pm
IF you really don't mind putting some work into it I use Plex Server with this with an audible scraper plugin
https://www.plex.tv/
This really is pretty user friendly and you don't need extra equipment (as long as you atleast have a laptop) would be willing to take part in a thread helping people if they get stuck
Plex does work with alexa just as well as audible
How you talk with Alexa can vary by device. On the Amazon Fire TV and Echo Tap, simply tap and hold the Talk button on the remote and say your command starting with Ask Plex... or Open Plex. The Amazon Echo, and Echo Dot devices work slightly differently because they are always listening and require an extra command to let them know you are talking to Alexa. On those devices, say Alexa, Ask Plex... or Alexa, Open Plex.

Alexa is pretty smart and you’ll find that she understands commands spoken in several different ways. Here are just a few examples of phrases that can be used interchangeably:

Ask Plex and Tell Plex
Play and Put on
Recommend and Suggest
Change and Switch
What is and What's
Let us and Let's
TV show and Show
Hear and Listen
Nov 6th, 2022, 6:28 pm

I lost 12 TB of books, I am trying to rebuild.(10661 audiobooks on 2/25) Request for Reups will take more time than I would like. Please give me some grace
ALSO
If you want me to even look at you request post please take the time to atleast add a link to the book and covers are a bonus
Nov 6th, 2022, 6:36 pm
Oh my gosh , I just noticed how old the OP is
Nov 6th, 2022, 6:36 pm

ALSO
Nov 7th, 2022, 1:18 am
Haha! The in betweens are really far off also, but this is appreciated on so many levels! Thank you!
Nov 7th, 2022, 1:18 am

Don't hide your suffering.
Nov 20th, 2022, 9:01 am
Smart Audiobook Player is the best and you can find it in the apps section of this forum.
Nov 20th, 2022, 9:01 am
Nov 20th, 2022, 7:01 pm
decembers wrote:Haha! The in betweens are really far off also, but this is appreciated on so many levels! Thank you!

Good!!!
I'm pleased if it helped anyone ...just a little
Nov 20th, 2022, 7:01 pm

ALSO
Mar 2nd, 2023, 4:32 pm
+1 for the BookPlayer app. I also use Libby for audiobooks from the library.
Mar 2nd, 2023, 4:32 pm