Discuss iPhone apps here.
Nov 1st, 2021, 10:50 pm
Hey everyone, I have an ipod that has the latest version of the app "Serato Pyro" installed. this app is a free app but it got discontinued and there is nothing that comes close to replacing it yet.

Is there a way for me to extract it from this ipod, and then get it into a form that can be shared/installed on a newer jailbroken device?

unfortunately, the ipod isnt jailbroken at the moment.

Serato said that if you have the app installed already, you can update your device and it may or may not work. Im willing to take that risk to run it on a newer device but i was wondering what i can do to get it extracted from this ipod since it can no longer be downloaded. and once i wipe this device, this app will be gone forever.

If someone else has already done this and it can be installed already, please point me in the right direction.

(btw, i am not a beginner when it comes to "data preservation" but i am a beginner when it comes to the apple ecosystem).

Hopefully someone can help me out! thank you in advanced!

UPDATE 1: I've managed to jailbreak the ipod without wiping it using phoenix (seems like the only compatible one). next step, figure out how to extract the ipa of the app i have installed.

UPDATE 2: had my terminal and ipa manager cli ready to go, but then found out that apple lets you redownload discontinued apps using "purchase history". so i installed iMazing, and managed to download the ipa to my computer directly from the app store.

all thats left is to test it out on other devices.
Nov 1st, 2021, 10:50 pm