Jul 19th, 2022, 9:38 pm
If a request (via PM) is made to have the links on an eBook updated, are we allowed to donate WRZ$ to that individual once the new links are provided (beyond thanking them for 1 WRZ$)?

A handful of members here do a lot of work to maintain their eBook listings. I realize it is not required, and I am not sure if this type of donating is discouraged.
Jul 19th, 2022, 9:38 pm
Jul 19th, 2022, 10:34 pm
Mifr wrote:If a request (via PM) is made to have the links on an eBook updated, are we allowed to donate WRZ$ to that individual once the new links are provided (beyond thanking them for 1 WRZ$)?

A handful of members here do a lot of work to maintain their eBook listings. I realize it is not required, and I am not sure if this type of donating is discouraged.

Donating $WRZ to show appreciation is not only a nice gesture but a good way to let posters know that their work is valued. We actually encourage donations, read here: Subject: No "Thank You" Posts Allowed
Jul 19th, 2022, 10:34 pm

Aug 15th, 2022, 2:51 am
Quick qustion, Is there a way to search for an author that was initials that won't bring up authors you are not looking for? Like say I am looking for D.G. Carothers I will end up getting everything that has Carothers in the title.
Thier is another fourm I go to that dosen't work well with initials as well, but there all I have to do is put "" like "D.G. Carothers" and it works. I did try that here to see, but nope it didn't work.....

thanks for any feed back you can give on this.
Aug 15th, 2022, 2:51 am

Aug 15th, 2022, 7:53 am
LadyDeath wrote:Quick qustion, Is there a way to search for an author that was initials that won't bring up authors you are not looking for? Like say I am looking for D.G. Carothers I will end up getting everything that has Carothers in the title.
Thier is another fourm I go to that dosen't work well with initials as well, but there all I have to do is put "" like "D.G. Carothers" and it works. I did try that here to see, but nope it didn't work.....

thanks for any feed back you can give on this.

Your best option is to use the Advanced search, please read: http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=7886638#7886638
Aug 15th, 2022, 7:53 am

Oct 27th, 2022, 12:22 am
Is it okay to request a book with a Google Play Store link? I want an ebook that is not available on Amazon, but it is available on Google Play Store.
Oct 27th, 2022, 12:22 am
Oct 27th, 2022, 7:36 am
thetechchik wrote:Is it okay to request a book with a Google Play Store link? I want an ebook that is not available on Amazon, but it is available on Google Play Store.

Yes, it's fine to use a Google Play Store link. In fact, it is really helpful to provide a link to any retail site where the book can be purchased, so that people know exactly what you are looking for. Things like Amazon, Google Play, Kobo, Goodreads, the author's page, other publishing sites like Penguin, Harlequin, Bold Strokes etc. are all acceptable.
Oct 27th, 2022, 7:36 am

Dec 1st, 2022, 4:53 pm
Is there a way to exclude audiobooks when doing a search?
Dec 1st, 2022, 4:53 pm

☠️ Just think of it as you're being let go, that your life's going in a different direction,
that your body's part of a permanent outplacement.
☠️

Dec 1st, 2022, 8:08 pm
Maraya wrote:Is there a way to exclude audiobooks when doing a search?

Please see this post for instructions on how to hide a forum: Removing Sections You Dont Need
Dec 1st, 2022, 8:08 pm

Dec 2nd, 2022, 2:12 pm
merry60 wrote:Please see this post for instructions on how to hide a forum: Removing Sections You Dont Need

Thank youuu! (⁠^⁠ω⁠^)/
Dec 2nd, 2022, 2:12 pm

☠️ Just think of it as you're being let go, that your life's going in a different direction,
that your body's part of a permanent outplacement.
☠️

Jan 24th, 2023, 8:46 pm
lately download links give a warning for the userupload.net site. Saying that it's not secure and that you should not proceed.

so is that legit? is there something wrong with the site
Jan 24th, 2023, 8:46 pm
Jan 25th, 2023, 10:15 am
bookreader15 wrote:lately download links give a warning for the userupload.net site. Saying that it's not secure and that you should not proceed.

so is that legit? is there something wrong with the site

That warning usually pops up when a site doesn't have an SSL (secure sockets layer) certificate, but in this case it may have been a temporary issue because I have tried a few userupload's links and nothing came up. I used Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Opera, Vivaldi and Brave.

Please PM me if the problem persists and include the link to the release where this happens so I can check it out, thanks.
Jan 25th, 2023, 10:15 am

Mar 21st, 2023, 12:21 am
Crosspost, but FYI, Zippyshare is shutting down. Big red banner on their page.

"We’ve decided that we’re shutting down the project at the end of the month. Please make backups of your important files, you have about two weeks to do so. Until then, the site will run without any changes.

There are several reasons for the closure:

– Since 2006 we have been on the market in an unchanged form, that is, as ad financed/free file hosting. However, you have been visiting in less and less over the years, as the arguably very simple formula of the services we offer is slowly running out of steam. I guess all the competing file storage service companies on the market look better, offer better performance and more features. No one needs a dinosaur like us anymore.

– All sorts of adblockers, whether built into the browser, as add-ons, or in the form of DNS services. Sure, we all use them, but they take away any control the site owner has over the site. Eventually we get to the point where a vicious cycle begins, in order to pay for the server infrastructure you are forced to place more and more ads, then users fire up more and more adblockers and we get to a point like today.

– Rising electricity prices. Over the past year, electricity prices have gone up 2.5 times, which, with a large number of servers, gives a significant increase in costs that we have no way to balance.

There are still a bunch of smaller reasons, but we could write a book on this, and probably no one would want to read it.

To sum it up, we can no longer afford to maintain the site.

You can send us any comments to (we’ll read them all, we’ll probably respond to just a few):
[email protected]

Thanks for being with us over the years.

See you in the depths of the Internet. o7 "
Mar 21st, 2023, 12:21 am

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Aug 22nd, 2023, 4:10 pm
Quite a few files on Food and Drink seem to be .vip files. My Calibre programme does not recognise a .vip book.
Is there any way around this?
Aug 22nd, 2023, 4:10 pm

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi
Aug 22nd, 2023, 8:22 pm
Fatima99 wrote:Quite a few files on Food and Drink seem to be .vip files. My Calibre programme does not recognise a .vip book.
Is there any way around this?

Vip files are not allowed, please contact the poster(s) to request one of the allowed formats and ask them to read the Rules, thanks.
Aug 22nd, 2023, 8:22 pm

Sep 30th, 2023, 5:58 am
if i want to post a book series collection like say halo
https://www.goodreads.com/series/50386-halo

which has 30 some books and maybe 10+ authors

do i have to list all the authors? or do i put "various"
or something else?
Sep 30th, 2023, 5:58 am

Pirates were the first democratic organization in the new world.