Sep 30th, 2023, 9:05 am
nutpants wrote:if i want to post a book series collection like say halo
https://www.goodreads.com/series/50386-halo

which has 30 some books and maybe 10+ authors

do i have to list all the authors? or do i put "various"
or something else?

We normally search by author, not series. So it would be preferable to have 10 searchable releases with 3 books each than one unsearchable post with 30. Keep in mind that collections cannot include books already posted, so separating the series by authors will also make it easier for you (and us) to find and identify possible duplicates.
Sep 30th, 2023, 9:05 am

Nov 2nd, 2023, 10:32 pm
What's the best way to let a poster know that their file is missing parts? Just found an audiobook that is missing a chunk (about 15 pages)
Nov 2nd, 2023, 10:32 pm
Nov 3rd, 2023, 8:36 am
ladybiscuits wrote:What's the best way to let a poster know that their file is missing parts? Just found an audiobook that is missing a chunk (about 15 pages)

Post in the topic to report the problem so we can 1) check the file to make sure it was not a corrupted download, 2) inform the poster, and 3) remove the release until fixed.
Nov 3rd, 2023, 8:36 am

Dec 5th, 2023, 5:02 pm
Dear moderators, there is an open request in the Audiobook Requests forum for an audiobook (Friday's Child by Georgette Heyer) read by only a certain narrator (Owen Findlay). Would it be alright if I opened a second thread for the audiobook read by any narrator, or would that be against the rules?

Thank you very much!
Dec 5th, 2023, 5:02 pm

“Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”
Dec 6th, 2023, 8:38 am
djhfgvte567 wrote:Dear moderators, there is an open request in the Audiobook Requests forum for an audiobook (Friday's Child by Georgette Heyer) read by only a certain narrator (Owen Findlay). Would it be alright if I opened a second thread for the audiobook read by any narrator, or would that be against the rules?

Thank you very much!

That is fine. As long as that particular audiobook is not already posted on the site, and you state that any narrator would be accepted, then you are welcome to make a request for it.

Keep in mind, that someone might post the version by Owen Findlay and you would be obliged to accept it if you state "any narrator". Should you not want a particular narrator, please also mention that in the request.
Dec 6th, 2023, 8:38 am

Dec 21st, 2023, 8:26 am
I'm wanting to make a request for an erotic book in audiobook format. Should I post my request in the section for erotic ebooks or general audiobooks?

Thanks! <3
Dec 21st, 2023, 8:26 am
Dec 21st, 2023, 9:06 am
bixbiBOOM wrote:I'm wanting to make a request for an erotic book in audiobook format. Should I post my request in the section for erotic ebooks or general audiobooks?

Thanks! <3

In this case, it was decided to keep all audiobook requests in the Audiobook Request section, as the format was more important than the genre. So, please post in the Audiobook Request section, and remember to add [AB] to the heading of therequests as per the Posting Rules.

The topics title must be in a correct format to have a clear overview what is getting requested:
Title of Book by Name of Author [AB, if requesting audiobooks]

For the Search function it is important that we distinguish between audio and ebooks. Good luck with your request.
Dec 21st, 2023, 9:06 am

Jan 18th, 2024, 3:51 am
Hi everyone ;) I'm new here.
Is it possible to search for all book releases posted by a particular OP?
Jan 18th, 2024, 3:51 am
Jan 18th, 2024, 4:03 am
Mokugin wrote:Hi everyone ;) I'm new here.
Is it possible to search for all book releases posted by a particular OP?

Yes, it is. If you click on the 'Search' button to go to the advanced search page, there is an option to find posts by a specific OP as "Search for user". Just make sure you put in the OP's exact username or it will not work properly.
Jan 18th, 2024, 4:03 am

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.

- Mark Twain
Apr 20th, 2024, 1:26 am
I feel like a pest but here is another post uploaded today that doesn't have a working blue link and the alternate link doesn't work for me. This is happening more and more often it seems.

[edit: link info removed by Fizban]

Fizban wrote:It looks like there is actually an issue with the frdl.to domain that is causing the issue. I've reported it to Disk4mat to check into as this is not specifically an ebooks section problem. Any problems with premium downloads should be reported to Disk4mat in the Premium topic.
Apr 20th, 2024, 1:26 am