Describe the kind of app you're looking for, or a problem you need an app to solve. We will help you find it!
Jul 25th, 2021, 8:28 am
Just joined this forum today in the hope of learning more and getting advice about my current problem.

My android Motorola phone has become slow , I have removed every thing including apps / photos / games that I do not want . I have moved as many things onto the phones SD card. But the phone still seems generally slow . I have installed an Android app called SD Maid , and used that app to clean out the phone etc , but the phone still seem to be generally running slow .

The phone is running Android Version 6.0.1 ( due to the phones age I can not update to a newer version of Android ) and I don’t really want to buy a new phone. The phone is not Rooted.

Just looking around at the options for backing up and restoring an Android phone seems to be a mine field that a beginner like my self finds daunting.

What I would like to do is to factory reset my phone then reinstall all the same Android apps I have backed up , back onto the now factory reset phone , in the hope doing that reinstall procedure will take my phone back to its once fast and snappy self.

Can any kind person offer advice please on how to carry out a backup and restore , using an Android app .

Thanks

Jul 25th, 2021, 8:28 am
Jul 25th, 2021, 3:35 pm
Your phone won`t be much faster after factory reset. Better to install custom rom like lineageOS. This rom made my old samsung s5 actually usable again. Also you get the latest android version with custom rom. Check xda developers for your phone model and instructions.
Jul 25th, 2021, 3:35 pm
Jul 26th, 2021, 11:24 pm
IamGod22 wrote:Your phone won`t be much faster after factory reset. Better to install custom rom like lineageOS. This rom made my old samsung s5 actually usable again. Also you get the latest android version with custom rom. Check xda developers for your phone model and instructions.
Yes agree with this.

@Redstain. I`m assuming that the ram on your phone won`t be very high if its old and using an old Android OS, it won`t be as good at optimisation compared to newer devices.

If getting a custom rom is too much and you don`t want to go the root option, there is an app that is available to download here that will help you backup and restore your apps but be mindful that non root is limited. Saving app data for example will not be possible. Search for `App Manager`. It`s also available on Fdroid too. It`s quite a complex app but very useful indeed. I use it for its APK installer which is far superior to anything else I`ve seen.
Jul 26th, 2021, 11:24 pm