Feedback or requests for help with the site.
May 28th, 2020, 12:29 am
Is there a way to search for books by language? I’d love to be able to search for some authors but limit my search to specific foreign languages. Are book uploads tagged by language, and are those tags searchable/browsable?
May 28th, 2020, 12:29 am
May 28th, 2020, 8:23 am
PardJ wrote:Is there a way to search for books by language? I’d love to be able to search for some authors but limit my search to specific foreign languages. Are book uploads tagged by language, and are those tags searchable/browsable?

All releases must indicate the language in the subject if other than English, this is point one in the Posting Rules and Guidelines. Therefore, all languages are searchable even if they have been written with as few as 2 characters: FR, RU, SP, etc.
May 28th, 2020, 8:23 am
May 29th, 2020, 6:19 am
That doesn’t really make them searchable. For instance, when I type [SP] in the search box, the hits are everything with “sp” somewhere in the text, not just the tag.
May 29th, 2020, 6:19 am
May 29th, 2020, 8:23 am
PardJ wrote:That doesn’t really make them searchable. For instance, when I type [SP] in the search box, the hits are everything with “sp” somewhere in the text, not just the tag.

I may have misunderstood, but I was replying to your words: "I’d love to be able to search for some authors but limit my search to specific foreign languages." (the bold is mine).

In order to search for books by a particular author in a particular language, you must enter the name of the author followed by the tag of that particular language, and limit your search to eBooks, naturally. Both SP and SPA or FR and FRE give results, assuming there are results to give.
May 29th, 2020, 8:23 am