Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Mar 10th, 2021, 11:35 am
Ever since my most recent Windows 10 update, including an update to the 20H2 version last week, I have been unable to see the blue download arrows in Chrome or any other browser I've tried except Edge. For some reason, the zip files don't seem to be downloading properly into Edge. They seem to download but apparently there is nothing in them, as I came to realize this morning when I went to extract from them, and got a message telling me the compressed files were empty. I checked to make sure it wasn't my extracting tool by using it on previously downloaded zip files, and then uninstalled the software and tried extracting with the Windows 10 extraction tool, with the same result. I disabled my antivirus software just to make sure that wasn't causing the problem, but it wasn't.

Can anyone possibly help me figure out how to fix this problem. In summary, I don't seem to be able to download in any browser other than Edge anymore, and if it's a zip file, I seem to be downloading empty files. Thanks.

Edited to add I very carefully followed the instructions to download on Chrome using the file host Mega4up. It took me about 4 tries to get it right and I had to install an adblocker first, which I probably should have already had anyway. Point is, the zip file is downloading with Chrome. I would still like to figure this out though, because I really would prefer not having to download the zips like this. If anyone can help me figure this out I'd really appreciate it.
Mar 10th, 2021, 11:35 am