Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Aug 19th, 2009, 10:27 am
Whenever I click on the 'Full Movies' section, I have all the movies posted by users listed infront of me. Why not split all the movies into categories such as Comedy, Action, Drama etc. It would help out alot.

For example, I would like to download a comedy movie. I don't have a particular movie in mind, just so that it's a comedy is good enough for me. Instead of clicking onto 'Full Movies' and being bombarded with this huge list of mixed movies, why not just go into Full Movies, then Comedy? That way I'll have all the comedy movies infront of me to choose from.
Aug 19th, 2009, 10:27 am

One of my links dead? PM me!
Aug 19th, 2009, 10:33 am
hmmm....what happens if it's a comedy/action/horror flick?
Aug 19th, 2009, 10:33 am
Aug 19th, 2009, 12:28 pm
Then the film gets categorised by it's 'main' genre, e.g. Spider-man which is action/drama/comedy, but *mainly* action.
Aug 19th, 2009, 12:28 pm

Aug 31st, 2009, 7:35 am
Good idea! I second it.
Aug 31st, 2009, 7:35 am

OLDImage
Don't forget to rate the releases you use!
Report spam and " thank you " post using the report button!
Wanna talk with the Admins, Mods, users, VIPs, and others? Join the IRC channel!

My IRC Bot: http://www.levbot.tk/ <-- Not a redirecting one... :lol:
Thanks to ga!nusha for my great avatar!
Aug 31st, 2009, 7:37 am
That would be just too much categorizing IMHO.
Aug 31st, 2009, 7:37 am
Aug 31st, 2009, 12:53 pm
It'll be easier for everyone when they come to look for a movie. Just think about it.
Aug 31st, 2009, 12:53 pm

Sep 1st, 2009, 7:54 am
I like the idea, but I also agree with XVI in a way.

The categorizing isn't clear and would rely on discretion from the moderator involved unless we added a field asking posters to give it a genre, however then it become the discretion of the poster which category it falls under. It could become messy.
Sep 1st, 2009, 7:54 am
Sep 1st, 2009, 9:46 pm
I'd say you do it by the IMDB genre settings.

Place the movie into one genre category on the forum, create a shadow copy of the topic or something in the other genre sub forums that it would fall under, that way whatever genre you were searching for and it fell under, the movie would be there.
Sep 1st, 2009, 9:46 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Sep 2nd, 2009, 11:55 pm
sdawson wrote:It could become messy.

It's messy now. It'll be alot neater once you categorise it.

I like Mr FuFu's suggestion. The movies will be categorised under it's appropriate imdb title.
Creating 'shadow' copies is good too, but only then would it become messy.
Sep 2nd, 2009, 11:55 pm

Sep 3rd, 2009, 12:46 am
I am assuming the shadow topics would be like Software Releases is at the moment. Where you can browse everything rather than viewing a catergory, so this way if you just want to look at movies you can look at movies, otherwise you can look at movies by category.
Sep 3rd, 2009, 12:46 am
Sep 3rd, 2009, 12:53 am
great idea i think we should like mr fufu said use the genres from imdb and make the realeaser put the genre in there post then the mods could just sort it like they do the games and software.
Sep 3rd, 2009, 12:53 am

Sep 3rd, 2009, 4:33 am
although imdb has multiple genres for movies...

idea is good, practicality prob not so
Sep 3rd, 2009, 4:33 am

Don't forget to rate the release ;)
PLEASE support the DEVELOPERS - If you LIKE it, BUY it
Mobilism - Bringing the best of PPCWarez to all devices
Sep 3rd, 2009, 4:35 am
sdawson wrote:I am assuming the shadow topics would be like Software Releases is at the moment. Where you can browse everything rather than viewing a catergory, so this way if you just want to look at movies you can look at movies, otherwise you can look at movies by category.

Right, just linking it not duplicating a billion posts.
Sep 3rd, 2009, 4:35 am

Sep 3rd, 2009, 4:39 am
Bendy wrote:although imdb has multiple genres for movies...

It's already a requirement to post the movie genres and most of us actually take the time to do it by IMDB.

So,

Genre: Action || Comedy | Horror

Whatever is listed first, becomes main genre, the just link it in the other categories. Simple and not complicated. I'd prefer knowing that when you are looking at the info about a movie it came from a reputable source and not just a guess from the releaser trying to make a quick post.
Sep 3rd, 2009, 4:39 am

Sep 3rd, 2009, 4:47 am
Mr FuFu wrote:
Bendy wrote:although imdb has multiple genres for movies...

It's already a requirement to post the movie genres and most of us actually take the time to do it by IMDB.

So,

Genre: Action || Comedy | Horror

Whatever is listed first, becomes main genre, the just link it in the other categories. Simple and not complicated. I'd prefer knowing that when you are looking at the info about a movie it came from a reputable source and not just a guess from the releaser trying to make a quick post.

But this goes back to what I stated before, when looking for a movie which has been catergorized, it isn't always where you would expect it based on genre as I might think SAW II is comical because I laughed at it, it's a horror, but could also be action as it's not that scary. The end user looking for this type of movie would have to look in at least 2 places or search IMDB first, then come back.
Sep 3rd, 2009, 4:47 am