Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Feb 8th, 2018, 9:34 pm

What is it?
Welcome to Sports Center, the home for sports discussion and random sport’s guessing/betting contests. 13Ice is our overlord, johngriffen is in charge of day to day operations and Fatima is the hard working assistant. (We miss you anna)

Unlike most of the other contests threads where the contest stays the same all the time, these will vary and consist of whatever strikes our fancy. It could be simply asking the members to choose which of two teams will win a specific sporting event. It could also be a guess of the total points scored by both teams. Maybe, it’s simply a multiple choice guess on which country will win a gold medal in the Olympics in a specific event. The point is, every contest will be different AND REQUIRE NO ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE OF SPORTS. Basic background knowledge will be provided to help you make your guess.

This is also a sports discussion thread, if you want to post a comment about a sport or ask my hard working assistant a sporting question please do so :wink: You want to cheer for your country in the Olympics...this is the place to do it.

How do you play a contest?
  • Wait for a start post describing the contest and any specific rules for the event.
  • Post here your choice depending on the specific options.

Example Post
Johngriffen wrote: Which team will win the Super Bowl: New England or Philadelphia?

matina wrote:
New England

Rules for the contests:
  • Every poster is allowed only one guess for each round.
  • All posts must be made before the start of the event
  • Posts can only be edited prior to the start of the event

Rewards for the contests:
The rewards will vary by event and type of contest. In the above example, there might be a total pool figure, and all who guessed the right answer will get an even share of the pot. Or, it might be a betting contest where you risk your own WRZ$ for a chance to win more. Each new contest will have the rewards or risks plainly laid out for you to see before you make your picks/guess.

Now remember, this is a sports discussion thread as well.
You can add to the discussion along with your pick, or simply discuss things without making a pick.
But remember... Multiple posts - OK! Multiple picks/guesses in a contest round - BAD!

Bringing you 24 hour 365 days a year sports coverage

*** From Ice, our fearless leader - special thank you to johngriffen for the wonderful idea and allowing me to expand on his vision
Feb 8th, 2018, 9:34 pm

Feb 8th, 2018, 9:54 pm
Ice, Fatima and I welcome you to Sports Center!
I hope this will become like your "Neighborhood" bar. A place when you can sit back and relax, have a discussion about whatever sports you want, and find people that share the same passion. And like my neighborhood bar, a place to make a little wager or predict the outcome. :D

We plan on having multiple contests, quizzes and events running at the same time, all mixed in with sports discussion... so to help you find what's new, we will use this post as an up to date "Table of Contents". It will always be easy to find here on page one, and will make it easier to find what's happening at
SPORTS CENTER

FOLLOWING ARE THE EVENTS STILL OPEN FOR NEW PLAYERS

FOLLOWING ARE EVENTS IN PROGRESS AND ARE CLOSED TO NEW PLAYERS

FOLLOWING ARE RESULTS FROM PREVIOUS CONTESTS

A TRUE DAILY DOUBLE - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #1891 HERE

A TRUE DAILY DOUBLE - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #1892 HERE

A TRUE DAILY DOUBLE - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #1893 HERE

A TRUE DAILY DOUBLE - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #1894 HERE

A TRUE DAILY DOUBLE - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #1895 HERE

A TRUE DAILY DOUBLE - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #1896 HERE
ALL RACES CANCELLED :(

A TRUE DAILY DOUBLE - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #1897 HERE

NASCAR SUNDAY - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #1898 HERE

A TRUE DAILY DOUBLE - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #1899 HERE

NASCAR SUNDAY - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #1900 HERE

NASCAR SUNDAY - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #1901 HERE

MOTOR RACING 2 FOR 1 - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #1902 HERE

MOTOR RACING 2 FOR 1 - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #1903 HERE

NASCAR SUNDAY - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #1904 HERE

MOTOR RACING 3 FOR 1 - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #1905 HERE

NFL SURVIVOR - WEEK ONE RESULTS HERE
NFL SURVIVOR - WEEK TWO RESULTS HERE
NFL SURVIVOR - WEEK THREE RESULTS HERE
NFL SURVIVOR - WEEK FOUR RESULTS HERE
NFL SURVIVOR - WEEK FIVE RESULTS HERE
NFL SURVIVOR - WEEK SIX RESULTS HERE
NFL SURVIVOR - WEEK SEVEN RESULTS HERE
NFL SURVIVOR - WEEK EIGHT RESULTS HERE
NFL SURVIVOR - WEEK NINE RESULTS HERE
NFL SURVIVOR - WEEK TEN RESULTS HERE
NFL SURVIVOR - WEEK ELEVEN RESULTS HERE

FOLLOWING ARE INFORMATIONAL/REFERENCE POSTS

SPORTS CENTER FAQ - THE BASICS #1 HERE

THE NEW AND REVISED MOBI STABLES CHALLENGE INFORMATION/FAQ HERE

THE STABLES CHALLENGE RULES AND INFORMATION HERE

JOINED THE DISCUSSION WINNERS HERE

Bookmark this page for easy access to the information you need
Feb 8th, 2018, 9:54 pm

Feb 8th, 2018, 10:02 pm
This looks great, especially the
AND REQUIRE NO ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE OF SPORTS

which seems to describe me to a T :? :lol:
My favorite sports to watch is figure skating 8) It's incredible what feats they can manage to achieve, and wonderful to look at :lol:
And I think and hope we'll be quite a few rooting for Team FRANCE
Feb 8th, 2018, 10:02 pm

Feb 8th, 2018, 10:07 pm
Snowboarding & Figure Skating but occasionally watch Bobsleighing as well
Feb 8th, 2018, 10:07 pm

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Feb 8th, 2018, 10:08 pm

SPORTS CENTER FAQ #1

HI :wave: :wave: :wave:
I'm johngriffen Image, and this is Fatima Image
Ice, Fatima and I make up the SPORTS CENTER TEAM

And a special call out to Anna Image
for all the hard work she put into Sports Center. May she Rest In Peace.

Feel free to PM me, Fatima99 or 13Ice with any questions/concerns/comments you might have about Sports Center
If it's about a specific contest/event, it might be better to contact me or Fatima since we handle the nuts and bolts while Ice concentrates on the "big picture". :lol:
Picture it like this... if this was baseball, Ice would be the General Manager because she is in charge, I would be the Field Manager because I get most of the contests rolling, and Fatima is the Ace Closer because she finishes the contests by providing the results. All of us continually monitor the thread to make sure that things run as smoothly as possible :D

A SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL THE CONTEST MANAGERS AND ADMIN OF THIS SITE Without their support, Sports Center wouldn't exist.
And... a special thanks to all those that not only join in the contests, but to those that provide "creative" entries that amuse and entertain all of us, and to those that provide information and discussion above and beyond their picks. This is meant to be a place for not only contests, but for discussion as well ;)

And one other note before I begin. I have edited an old post of mine here on page 1 so that this original FAQ will be easier to find/see for anybody that is new to this thread and who checks out the first page to see what this thread is all about.

OUR MISSION STATEMENT
We strive to provide you with a place to talk sports, join contests, play quizzes, make a bet or two and WIN SOME WRZ$
But most importantly... AND REQUIRE NO ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE OF SPORTS to participate :D

We have been asked a lot of questions about Sports Center. Now that we have been around a few months, and have hosted over 400 different contests and quizzes... it's time to answer them in the first, of what will probably be many, SPORTS CENTER FAQ's

The thread is so cluttered. I can't find anything. There are posts about sports, people making picks for all these different contests, I have no clue what's going on. What can I do?
I hear you. Unlike many of the other contests, we promote discussion and interaction. And yes, there are usually multiple contests running and it's tough to know which ones you can still participate in. This is all a design feature and not a design flaw ;) So yeah, it can almost seem chaotic at times and it is easy to get lost. But don't be scared away by this.
First, you can use our index to help navigate around the thread. It is the second post on page one of this thread.
Or - For an index of open events and a directory of recent contest results, go HERE
We also provide Contest Starting Notices on Twitter. You can follow me at @johngriffen11
I will always tweet when a new contest starts.
In addition, if you are on the MOBI Discord channel, we post the same information as well
Also, just go back 5 or so pages and start reviewing some pages. You will start to see the flow of how things work. And, after you've been around a while, it will seem pretty normal to you. You will start seeing some general trends.
1. I normally post the next day's event in the morning the day before (my time = UTC -5)
2. There will be a rush of people entering, and then tail off as the earth turns and new people come on line
3. Quizzes are random, but usually start during the North American day time zone
4. Short events, Called Sports Quickies, can appear at any time. I try to rotate them to provide opportunities for everybody
5. Some contests have long lead times or run long after the event has been closed for participation. The only way to find those is through the index.
6. After the actual event/contest is complete, Anna will post a recap of what happened and who won.
To see if you won an event, look for those posts, or use the index to find them

What are all the different contest and events and how do I join in?
There are many different kinds of contests. To join, simply read the rules carefully and it will provide you all the information you should need. Here is a breakdown of the contests and how to identify them. Each specific type of contest/event uses a different Header logo. These Headers are only used for the start of a contest/event

1. Regular Contests - Header Logo = Image
These are our usual daily contests. I try to post them 24 hours in advance of the actual event to make sure everybody around the world has an equal chance to join in. While many of the contests are similar in design, such as Daily Doubles, Trifecta, Prop Bet, Pick'em and others, you still need to read the rules. In every case, we will have an "example post" to help guide you on what you need to do. The example post usually provides the "best" pick based on the odds.

2. Marketing Polls - Header Logo = Image
These appear on a semi-regular basis. They are our attempt to get your feedback so that we can make this thread better for you While it is a contest and you can win some WRZ$, it is a lot more work for people because we usually ask for more than some simple picks. But please remember, by answering these polls, you are supporting the efforts we put in to make this thread possible. Thanks in advance to all that participate

3 - Sports Quizzes - Header Logo = Image
These are random quizzes where you are asked to answer/identify some questions. They appear on a random basis, and stay open as long as questions remain unanswered. They are quick and fun, and most answers can be found with a quick internet search

4. Sports Quickies - Header Logo = Image
These are also pretty random in nature. I post them when I'm bored, or the thread is dead, or I'm watching some sporting event and I want to share with the members. In most cases, I will only take 10 entries, and that's it. So you have to be quick to join. It's usually a straight guess or picking a number between 0 - 9. It's mostly more luck than any actual skill. The skill is posting fast enough to get in the event.

5. Personal Bets - Typical Header Logo = Image
These are "unofficial" contest where we ask people to join in and actually risk some of their own WRZ$ on some small wager involving a sporting event. They are rare, but usually pop up when some American team is playing some Canadian team since I am from the US and our contest host (13Ice) and Anna are from Canada :D

Are all the contests "free" to enter or do I have to risk WRZ$ to join in?
Most contests are free to enter and offer only the chance of winning and not losing WRZ$
There are some special contests where we may ask for entry fee up front to join. But this is for the large events where we want to offer a bigger prize. If this is the case, you will always see the following posted in the RULES SECTION
NORMAL DISCLAIMER: YOU CAN LOSE WRZ$ PLAYING THIS GAME
Also, any UNOFFICIAL PERSONAL BET CONTEST will put your own WRZ$ at risk. But all the information will be posted in the Bet Post, and the regular above disclaimer will be included as a warning.

Can I enter/play more than one contest at a time?
YES
You can enter as many contests as you like as long as they are still open for taking entrants.
The cut off times for each contest are listed in the rules section of the original contest post.
(Remember..only 1 entry per individual contest)

More questions will be answered in future Sport Center FAQ's

Now, a few disclaimers/general comments:
If you think you won an event and haven't been paid... SEND ME A PM
If you think you weren't paid the right amount... SEND ME A PM
If you got a reward and have no clue why... SEND ME A PM

Now, this is all a lot of work for us. Fatima and I do most of the grunt work by posting most of the contests and recaps... And you know, sometimes we make mistakes.
If we spelled your name wrong... WE'RE SORRY
If there are typo's... WE'RE SORRY Either send us a PM or simply politely abuse us in the thread
I do a lot of Copy/Paste of older events to create new events... so if something looks funny like It's a NBA event and you see STANLEY CUP, it's just another senior moment and I must of missed it. Again... send me a PM or simply politely abuse me in the thread
If we use the wrong pronoun for you (such as He when you are actually a She)... WE'RE sorry. We have no clue what sex most people are and only know some people because it has come up or we're guessing based on your Handle or Avatar. If we're wrong, send us a PM. We try to avoid using pronouns, but sometimes we slip and do.

And last but not least...
If you have any suggestions for contests, or have a question, PM me, Fatima or 13Ice.
We may not use all the suggestions, but I do guarantee we will read/consider them.

For an index of open events and a directory of recent contest results, go HERE

Bringing you 24 hour 365 days a year sports coverage

SPORTS CENTER
Feb 8th, 2018, 10:08 pm

Feb 8th, 2018, 10:12 pm
and as we all know a good assistant must know his stuff...soooo, a little quiz for my hardworking assistant :lol:

Name the Winter Olympic events based on these 5-word descriptions

*** and no help from your audience***
Feb 8th, 2018, 10:12 pm
Feb 8th, 2018, 10:25 pm
Hockey
Figure Skating
Curling
Speed skating
Bobsled
Skeleton
Alpine skiing
Snowboarding
Ski Jumping
Biathlon
Luge
Short/Track Speed Skating
Freestyle or Slopestyle Skiing (official name?)
Cross Country Skiing
Nordic Combined
Ice Dancing

:D
Feb 8th, 2018, 10:25 pm

Feb 8th, 2018, 10:29 pm
I'm not one for winter sports, but like hija, I like figure skating most. I got it after my mother, who is a HUGE fan of it.
Feb 8th, 2018, 10:29 pm
Feb 8th, 2018, 10:30 pm
Some people are really good :thumbup: I could have guessed the 2nd answer, did not even know the last one existed (but that should bear watching), and don't even know the 6th in my own langage :lol:
Feb 8th, 2018, 10:30 pm

Feb 8th, 2018, 10:37 pm

Let's get this show on the road...
When you see the above logo, it represents the start of a contest, and will only be used as such.
This will help you pick out the contests from all the regular discussion.
(And thanks to all those that have posted already)

For our first contest, we will make this an easy one.
The match is Women’s Hockey
Women's group B preliminary: Switzerland vs. South Korea
Switzerland is a HEAVY FAVORITE to win this match up. While the South Korean team includes players from North Korea, they are true underdogs. Some think they don’t even stand a chance ;)

So who will win? Simply post Switzerland or South Korea (not both)
The pool will be 1,000 WRZ$. The winners will share the pool equally.
If the game ends in a draw, there will be no winners.

OFFICIAL START TIME:
Sat 9:10 PM South Korea
Sat 2:10 AM Chicago
Sat 8:10 AM GMT

So start making your picks.

Sports Center is ON!
Feb 8th, 2018, 10:37 pm

Feb 8th, 2018, 10:38 pm
Switzerland :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Feb 8th, 2018, 10:38 pm

Feb 8th, 2018, 10:39 pm
well it looks like he knows his stuff..so I think we should keep him :think:

and that 6th one... you have to be a bit touched in the head to do that..in my opinion :? :lol:
Switzerland