Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Apr 19th, 2021, 6:30 pm
Indigenous Brazilians won a landmark court case

A community of Brazilian Indians has won a land rights case at the nation’s supreme court that could have repercussions for indigenous people across the country.

The court ruled that a 2014 judicial decision cancelling the return of ancestral territory to the Guarani community must be revisited because the Guarani were not involved in the process. Now they must be given a fair hearing before the court votes again on the return of their territory.

Survival International, a charity, says the ruling could have implications for other communities whose lands have been stolen. “This is a stunning victory for a group of people who have been relentlessly persecuted for decades but never stopped fighting to recover their land,” said the charity’s research and advocacy director Fiona Watson.

Though the ruling was welcomed as positive news, Survival International said the likelihood of the Guarani getting their land back anytime soon was “remote”, as it is under the control of a powerful politician. The government in Brazil stands accused of implemented policies aimed at opening up indigenous land to mining ranching and logging. The country next goes to the polls in 2022.
Apr 19th, 2021, 6:30 pm

Apr 20th, 2021, 11:51 am
Lost lamb spends the night in Irish jail cell
April 19, 2021 / 2:26 PM *

This little fella was found over the weekend by Gardaí in Clonmel after he became separated from his flock. Many thanks to the person who phoned this in after locating him on the road. He was cared for overnight and returned to his grateful owner yesterday morning. pic.twitter.com/3ptOvFZxzg— Garda Info (@gardainfo) April 19, 2021

April 19 (UPI) -- Police in Ireland said a lost lamb found wandering loose in a roadway spent the night in a jail cell before being reunited with its owners.

The Garda, Ireland's national police force, said officers were called to a street in Clonmel, Tipperary, where drivers reported seeing a lamb wandering solo in the road.

The lamb was rounded up and the Garda tweeted photos of the animal spending the night in a jail cell while officers worked to identify its owners.

Police said the lamb was returned to its owner the next morning.

"This little fella was found over the weekend by Gardai in Clonmel after he became separated from his flock," the Garda tweeted. "Many thanks to the person who phoned this in after locating him on the road. He was cared for overnight and returned to his grateful owner yesterday morning."
Apr 20th, 2021, 11:51 am

Apr 20th, 2021, 12:05 pm

I sometimes get REALLY DEPRESSED reviewing the news these days.
It's always about a global pandemic threatening life as we know it,
protests around the world, stupid politicians, natural disasters,
or some other really bad story.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Welcome to The mobi weekly news magazine
IN OTHER NEWS
TUESDAY APRIL 20

What is it?
Here is your chance to become an "ACE REPORTER" for our weekly news magazine.
It is your job to fine weird, funny or "good feel" stories from around the world and share them with our readers in our weekly magazine

How do you play?
Just post a story that you have come across that made you smile, laugh, feel good...
BUT NOTHING DEPRESSING :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EXAMPLE POST
Naked sunbather chases wild boar through park after it steals his laptop bag
A naked sunbather was seen chasing wild boar through a park after it stole his laptop bag.
Amusing photographs from Germany show the man running after the animal to try and claim the plastic bag back.
But the cheeky boar and its two piglets appear to be too quick for the sunbather, who can't keep up with their speedy little trotters.
As the incident unfolds, groups of friends and family sat on the grass watch on and laugh.
Heads are seen turning in surprise and amusement in the hilarious photographs.
The incident happened at Teufelssee Lake - a bathing spot in the Grunwell Forest in Berlin, Germany.

Rules:
Each Edition of IN OTHER NEWS will be open for 7 days...
You may post One Story in any 24 hour period
So in other words, you can enter only once a day
Each news day will start when I post announcing it
OR at:
9:00 AM CHICAGO TIME (UTC -5)
2:00 PM GMT (UTC -0)

on those days I space out and forget to post or can't due to Real Life :lol:
Stories may be accompanied with images - but No big images, please! 800x800 pixels wide maximum
Videos are allowed, but please keep them to under a minute, and post a short summary for those that don't like to click on videos
No Duplicate stories - Where a post has been edited resulting in duplicates, then the last one in time gets disallowed.
And please limit this to reasonably family friendly stories :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reward:
Each news story posted that I feel is acceptable (must be a real story, too few words or simply a headline are not considered acceptable) will earn you 50 WRZ$
If you post multiple stories on any given day, you will only earn 50 WRZ$ for the first story of the Day
All payments will be made at THE END of the weekly news cycle.
Special Bonus - Each week I will award "The Pulitzer Prize" for the best story of the week
The weekly winner of the "The Pulitzer Prize" will receive a 100 WRZ$ bonus
It's just my personal opinion, so my judgement is final

So help bring GOOD news to the members of mobi, and join our reporting team...

IN OTHER NEWS

Apr 20th, 2021, 12:05 pm

Apr 20th, 2021, 12:19 pm
Lidl store builds glass floor to showcase 11th century Viking ruins

A Lidl in Dublin has attracted the attention of thousands of people on Reddit after a picture of the glass floor revealing an 11th century Irish-Viking house was shared

A Lidl in Dublin has stunned shoppers with a unique archeological feature that showcases the city's medieval past.

The store on Aungier Street in the city centre, which opened last year, has used glass panelling on the floor to display the preserved unique structure of an 11th century Irish-Viking house hiding beneath it.

After the site was discovered during excavations, it was heavily invested into by Lidl managers who were determined to protect the historical structures that would have been forgotten otherwise, reports Dublin Live.

From one glass panel shoppers can see the 18th Century Aungier Theatre staircase.

From one section of the shop, you can see the 11th century sunken floored structure.

And lastly, 18th century Longford Street Arches can also be admired from another aisle.

A picture of the store has received a significant amount of attention on a Reddit forum which boasts almost eight million members.

The post reads: "During the construction of a supermarket in Dublin, Ireland, archaeologists discovered the remains of a 1000-year-old medieval house.

"Rather than excavate the items and build on top of the site, the store installed glass flooring that provides shoppers with a literal window into history."

Since being posted, the post has racked up more than 20,000 upvotes and more than 200 comments from people.

One commenter joked: "The ghosts of that house are super confused."

Another person revealed: "We have something like these here in Slovenia! While building a supermarket, a road built by the Romans was discovered (about 4x1m) and glass-like was constructed. So while I'm shopping for veggies I get to look at them. Pretty cool."

A third added: "They just want to buy food but their glass ceiling is keeping them down."
Apr 20th, 2021, 12:19 pm
Apr 20th, 2021, 2:29 pm
House-hunters fall in love looking at property listing - but not with the home

A house listing has gone viral after people said they would buy the property in a heartbeat after browsing the online listing - on one very specific condition.

The three-bedroom house in Los Angeles, California, comes with a price tag of £1.27m for the 1928 "revived Spanish home" which has been completely renovated inside and out.

It features huge open-space living areas with modern fittings, a garden with a lawn and patio area, and a separate smaller building with its own address which could be used as an office, guest house or rental property.

And although the house sold itself for many people, others were more interested in an unexpected guest used to model the home in the listing on Zillow; Migo the dog.

The adorable corgi is photographed smiling as he pokes his head through the front door, posing on a kitchen counter and showing off the wooden floors in the living room.

It was shared to the Zillow Gone Wild Facebook page with the caption: 'Don't do this with your listings I can’t resist!!!' and it racked up more than 3,000 comments as plenty of people fell in love with Migo.

One said: "I would buy ONLY if the pup were included...non negotiable."

A second wrote: "Best real estate agent ever. I'll buy from that corgi every time."

And a third added: "Am I the only one disappointed in the pics that are missing the Corgi? The Corgi is the selling point of this house."

But anyone hoping to have Migo as a housemate will be left disappointed as the listing clarified that he would not come as part of the deal - but would be there to welcome you.

The description reads: "This 1928 revived Spanish home has been stunningly reimagined and sits on one of the widest streets in Picfair Village.
Apr 20th, 2021, 2:29 pm

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi
Apr 20th, 2021, 3:05 pm
Fresh Sheets or Great Books? These Are The Top 50 Simple Pleasures That Americans Love the Most

Want to make someone’s day? It may be as simple as playing them their favorite song, or pointing out a newly blossoming tree to them.

2,000 Americans revealed in a poll that their top simple pleasure is hearing music they love. Seeing flowers bloom also made it into the nation’s top ten simple joys.

Others pleasures include sleeping in a freshly made bed, the feeling of the sun on your face, and going to the beach. Being somewhere new, watching a cherished movie, and seeing stunning views all feature too.

Those surveyed enjoy an average of eight moments of simple pleasure each week, about one a day. The satisfaction of a moment’s pleasure can last for upwards of 20 minutes on average, although 11 percent get a glow for up to an hour.

The research was commissioned by Small Luxury Hotels of the World, which also commissioned poet Laurie Bolger to come up with a piece on life’s simple pleasures.

The wordsmith said: “I wanted my poem to remind people about the feeling you get when you are able to enjoy life’s simple pleasures.”

“But on the other hand, I also wanted to highlight that the reason some of these things are so enjoyable is because they are a break from the norm.” Bolger added. “Feeling the sun on my face is definitely one of my favorite simple pleasures in life, and I’m glad the survey reflected that, and that we’re starting to see brighter weather too.”

THE TOP 50 SIMPLE PLEASURES IN LIFE

1. Listening to your favorite songs
2. A nice dinner
3. Watching your favorite movie
4. Finishing a really good book
5. Doing exercise
6. Spotting a species of bird you’ve never seen before
7. Seeing flowers and trees blossom
8. Wearing an outfit that makes you feel good
9. Home cooking
10. A match on Hinge (or other dating site) with someone you’re attracted to
11. Stunning views
12. Going to the beach
13. Not having to set the alarm at the weekend or on a day off
14. Getting a delivery in the mail
15. Dining out
16. Finding money you had forgotten about
17. Laughing out loud at a film
18. Having dinner made for you
19. Staying in bed on a Sunday morning
20. Making someone smile or laugh
21. Sound of rain on the window
22. Having a picnic
23. Hearing the wind blow through the trees
24. Being somewhere new
25. Sleeping in a freshly made bed
26. Receiving a compliment from a stranger
27. Swimming outside
28. Discovering new food
29. Feeling the sun on your face
30. Playing sport with friends or family
31. Waking up to sun
32. Donating to charity
33. Getting a cuddle from your children
34. Meeting new people
35. Buying fresh local food produce
36. Hearing nothing but birds tweeting
37. Payday
38. Cake
39. Having a coffee/tea in bed
40. People watching
41. Putting your out of office on as you head off on a vacation
42. Smell of toast in the morning
43. Spontaneous outings
44. Long walks
45. Playing a musical instrument
46. Sleeping in a big incredibly comfy bed
47. Wearing a new pair of socks for the first time
48. Having a gossip or catchup with friends
49. Being in the countryside
50. Seeing a butterfly
Apr 20th, 2021, 3:05 pm

Apr 20th, 2021, 3:13 pm
Overdue library book returned to high school after 32 years

A high school in Britain said a former student mailed in an overdue library book that was originally supposed to have been returned 32 years earlier.

St. John Fisher Catholic High School in Peterborough, England, said a book called Manners Make a Difference arrived in the mail recently and officials soon discovered it had last been checked out from the school library 32 years earlier.

The book was accompanied by a note reading: "Sorry! Just 32 years overdue! Call it Catholic guilt."

The book, published in 1954, offers advice on how to behave at school, in church and other social situations.

Rosie Roe, the school's chief of administration, was the one who opened the package and identified its contents.

"It was a real surprise when I opened it and saw what was inside, I thought it's a real shame they didn't leave a name because I was at the school at that time and wonder if I know them," Roe told the Peterborough Telegraph.

School officials calculated the book would have accrued about $1,163 in late fees, but they don't intend to try to collect any money for the tardy tome.

Officials said the book is now considered outdated and will not be returned to circulation, instead going on display in the school's study center.

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2021/04/19 ... 618859687/
Apr 20th, 2021, 3:13 pm

Believe me, you are someone's crush. Yes, you are!
Apr 20th, 2021, 5:30 pm
Restaurant Wants to Give Burglar a Second Chance – Offering Him a Job Application

When a suspected burglar broke into a restaurant in the early hours of a Saturday morning, the last thing they must have been expecting was a show of kindness from the owner.

Owner Carl Wallace is a special sort of person. When he found his restaurant’s front door smashed in, and surveillance footage of the suspect, he took to Facebook and offered his help to someone on the wrong course in life.

Diablo's Southwest Grill
2 days ago
Our burritos are such a smash hit we’ve got people breaking in at 4am for their fix. So if ya see our door looking hurricane fabulous at Wheeler Rd this is why.
To the would be robber who is clearly struggling with life decisions or having money issues... please swing by for a job application. There are better opportunities out there than this path you’ve chosen. My personal cell is 706-513-3557. No police, no questions. Let’s sit down and talk about how we could help you and fix the road you’re on. Sincerely Carl

While the thief has not yet come forward, Wallace’s act of forgiveness has since had him seeing lots of friendly faces at his Augusta, Georgia restaurant Diablo’s Southwest Grill.

“I thought [the Facebook post] was probably one of the best things that I had ever read,” customer Cher Best told WRDW-TV. “So as a result of what I read and the compassion… I wanted to support the business.”

So where did this compassion come from? A genuine belief that “love, kindness, forgiveness will always be a better solution than hate,” says Wallace.
Apr 20th, 2021, 5:30 pm

Apr 20th, 2021, 5:49 pm

A local woman is encouraging neighbourhood dogs to visit her front yard with a set up on par with Toronto's top cafes.

Kaya Kristina lives on Indian Road Crescent near High Park. She is the landlord and head chef of "StarPups Coffee" an exclusive fine dining experience located right on her front lawn.

Every day Kaya puts out treats, water and sticks for local dogs to enjoy for free during their walks. Of course, the manager Molly Meatlog (Kaya's dog) always keeps an eye out on the cafe through the window.

Through this Kaya has built a community of dogs and their owners, known as the High Park Pups on Instagram. When visiting her yard, people are encouraged to snap a photo of their pet which Kaya later reposts on the account.

Kaya told blogTO that this all started nearly six years ago.

"I noticed that some of the dogs coming home from the park looked thirsty and tired. So I put out some water and a sign that said 'for thirsty dogs' out by the sidewalk."

It was a hit and one owner even took a picture of their dog at the stand and left it in Kaya's mailbox. Since then, her house was the place to be for every dog in the neighourhood.

When COVID hit last year, Kaya said seeing dogs go by her house became a highlight of her day. Molly Meatlog also found great enjoyment in watching them.

This gave her the idea to put out more decorations and treats for the fellow canine neighbours. This included milk bones (a staple at Starpups) and an ever-changing selection of snacks like beef liver bites and dried chicken tenders.

Even cats like to come by Kaya's yard.

"I make sure to provide natural treats that are made in Canada, so people know what they are giving their dog is safe and healthy."

And these dogs can definitely taste the quality because they keep coming back.

"It's so cute seeing the dogs go by and pull their owners to my house for snacks. There are also dogs that refuse to move away from my house and it can be entertaining watching the owners trying to get them to walk again. Sometimes they have to pick them up and carry them off."

As she got more regular visitors her Instagram account began to grow. Now, this posse of High Park pups can be seen strolling along the streets, begging their owners to stop by Kaya's.

"Some of the owners even became dog walking buddies through the page. Not my dog through. She’s antisocial. She prefers looking from the window."

Because Kaya created something so special for the local pups, many of them have returned the favour. She often gets notes and beers from her neighbours as a thank you.

Unfortunately, not everyone is so kind Kaya explained.

"One day someone came along and stole my whole setup. I was super bummed about it. They even took my little recycling bin, water bowl, treat bowl and everything."

After posting about the situation to her Instagram, her fellow dog friends were quick to take action. She received cards, notes, photos and even some Pet Value gift cards to help her restock, and before you know it Starpups was back in business.

Some pups dressed up for their walk to pick up treats at Starpups on Halloween.

Since then she has continued to offer snacks, sticks and even goodie bags for special occasions like Halloween and Easter. With all of the positive feedback from both the dogs and their owners, Kaya is planning to continue her Starpups cafe as long as she can.

"I had felt so isolated all year with COVID and now I feel like I have an army of friends."
Apr 20th, 2021, 5:49 pm

Apr 20th, 2021, 7:11 pm
Service lets people post clothes to charity for free

Out with the old and in with the new – only it rarely works like that. How many unworn garments are abandoned to wardrobe-dwelling moths, or worse still, get thrown out with the rubbish? The answer: around 350,000 tonnes annually in the UK alone.

A new service aims to reduce that by giving online shoppers the option of sending pre-loved clothes to charity shops – for free. Launched this week, the service is operated by delivery firm DPD in conjunction with Asos, a leading online retailer.

The ReLOve initiative allows Asos customers to hand their old clothes over to DPD drivers when they deliver new items. The pre-worn clothes will then be sent to Scope, Marie Curie, British Heart Foundation, British Red Cross or The Children’s Society.

Though the service is a progressive step, environmentalists say the best way of reducing fashion’s footprint is by buying less and buying secondhand.
Apr 20th, 2021, 7:11 pm

Apr 21st, 2021, 3:06 am
Biodegradable Food Wrap Created From Algae and Cinnamon Compound is the Packaging Solution We Needed
Apr 18, 2021*

Scientists from India and Russia have created edible food wrap for packaging produce, bakery, poultry, meat, and seafood.

Micheile Henderson

Designed to replace one of the most un-recycled materials on the planet, the wrap consists of natural ingredients that are safe for the environment and humans.

The research, which was published in the Journal of Food Engineering, describes three types of food films based on the well-known naturally occurring seaweed biopolymer sodium alginate—a compound found within the cell walls of brown algae.

“Its molecules have film-forming properties,” said Rammohan Aluru, senior researcher at the organic synthesis laboratory at Ural Federal University, and co-author of the paper. “The greatest advantage of sodium alginate is that it performs as liquid-gel in an aqueous medium.”

Alginate molecules were cross-linked with a natural antioxidant ferulic acid (a derivative of cinnamic acid), and the delicious combination makes the film not only strong, but also homogeneous, more rigid, prolonging the life of the products, say the scientists.

“Food stays fresh longer due to the antioxidant components that slow down the oxidation processes,” said Grigory Zyryanov, professor of the Department of Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry at Ural Federal University. “

And, the films are water-soluble and dissolve by almost 90% in 24 hours.

In addition, we can add to the films natural antiviral agents, which will also extend the shelf life of food. Garlic, turmeric, and ginger contain compounds that may prevent the spread of the viruses.”

According to the authors, no special equipment for the production of films is required. On an industrial scale, it can be created by food products and film manufacturers.

Seaweed algae by Peter Castleton

“It can also be produced at a polymer production plant. The only condition is that it must meet the standards that apply to food production. And if an inexhaustible source of algae in the ocean is nearby it will be quite simple to create such films,” said Grigory Zyryanov.

Joined by scientists from the Sri Venkateswara and Sri Padmavati Mahila Viswavidyalayam Universities in India, the research was supported by that country’s University Grants Commission and the Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology, also in India.

Sodium alginate is a well-known edible biopolymer of natural origin used as a thickener and stabilizer, and ferulic acid (the derivative of cinnamic acid) has a wide range of pharmacological properties, in particular, anti-inflammatory, antitumor, antitoxic, hepato- and cardioprotective, antiviral, and antibacterial ones, which is mainly due to the antioxidant properties of this acid.
Apr 21st, 2021, 3:06 am

Apr 21st, 2021, 4:38 am
Man names his newborn son ‘Department Of Statistical Communication’
An Indonesian man has named his son ‘Dinas Komunikasi Informatika Statistik’ (Department of Statistical Communication) in honour of his beloved workplace.

The 38-year-old man, Slamet ‘Yoga’ Wahyudi, who hails from the regency of Brebes in the Indonesian province of Central Java had reportedly agreed with his then-pregnant wife that if she gave birth to a son, he would be allowed to choose the newborn’s name, Dailymail UK reported.

After she gave birth to the baby boy in December last year, Wahyudi decided to name him ‘Department of Statistical Communication’ in order to pay tribute to his workplace.

He told local news site Kompas that his wife, 33-year-old Ririn Linda Tunggal Sari was on board with the decision with him. He was quoted saying that his wife did not mind despite the name sounded strange at first.

According to the report, friends and family of the couple, including their own parents, had voiced scepticism about the unorthodox name. Yoga reportedly accepted their concerns in good faith before deciding on the 38-character mouthful as his son’s name undeterred.

Yoga revealed the youngster will go by the more easily pronounceable portmanteau ‘Dinko’ in his day-to-day life in an apparent act of compromise.

Yoga has worked as a public servant for over a decade, entering the Indonesian civil service in 2009. He had previously worked as a radio announcer, though he later found his true calling in statistical communication.

Yoga told Kompas he hopes his son will grow up to be ‘pious’ and ‘devoted to his family’. It is not clear if the Indonesian authorities have accepted the unconventional name.

source: https://arynews.tv/en/man-names-his-new ... unication/
Apr 21st, 2021, 4:38 am

Twitter @HgwrtzExprss
Join Mobilism Discord server to get instant updates on contests: https://discord.gg/JqD2wAWSGw

Apr 21st, 2021, 9:03 am
Wyoming jogger faces off with bear, viral video shows

The tension was un-bear-able.

A runner in Wyoming displayed steely courage when he talked down a large bear — rather than fend it off with repellant spray — that was pursuing him. A video of his harrowing encounter has gone viral online.

"This one was interested in me, so I had to change its mind," said Evan Matthews of his FBI-worthy negotiation skills.

The three-minute POV clip, which was shot on a road in Grand Teton National Park, shows a cinnamon-colored black bear rambling out of the woods toward the jogger. Things get hairy when the hangry animal comes within yards of Matthews, prompting the Teton Valley, Idaho, resident to yell at the critter and flash the can of spray.

"I’ve seen plenty of bears in the wild, but this was the first time one had shown any interest in me," exclaimed the nervous videographer. "He must have been extra hungry!"

Despite the danger, Matthews decided to forgo the weapon and instead opted to reason with the beast. "Hey — no! I don’t care if you’re hungry. I’m not your food" he can be heard shouting at the beast, which continues to advance. "Sure, we could take a walk if you want. You don’t get any closer, though."

Matthews’ verbal deterrent tactics initially seem to fail as the bear continues to pursue him down the road for about a half-mile. But the bear eventually loses interest and heads back into the woods.

"Well, now, that’s the first time I’ve been kind of run up on by a bear," he says with a small laugh. "That was exciting."

Trying to hold peace talks with a predator might seem foolhardy. However, Matthews "wanted to show that I was a human and not to be mistaken for another animal," he explained in the video’s description. The courageous outdoorsman added that he didn’t want to run or play dead, as that would paint him as "an easy target." Animal experts agree that the aforementioned methods are among the best ways to avoid a black bear attack.

Of course, the scenario is perhaps not as exciting as the case of this California man, who tackled and punched a 350-pound bear that was attacking his pet pit bull.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/wyoming-jogger-faces-off-with-bear-viral-video-shows
Apr 21st, 2021, 9:03 am

Exodus A.D.: A Warning to Civilians by Paul Troubetzkoy [10000 WRZ$] Reward!
https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5556807
Apr 21st, 2021, 11:06 am
In this photo provided by Alaska Public Media, Carolina Tolladay Vidal displays custom
COVID-19 piñatas in her home in Anchorage, Alaska, on April 14, 2021.

When the coronavirus pandemic began last year, Carolina Tolladay Vidal’s pinata business in Alaska went to pieces — and not in a good way for a pinata maker.

“Many of the projects I had were moved to other dates,” she told Alaska Public Media last Friday. “Many were canceled.”

Tolladay Vidal had to find fresh ideas to rejuvenate her business and settled on making large, coronavirus shaped pinatas.

After Tolladay Vidal posted a photograph of a homemade coronavirus pinata on social media, the orders started piling up, she said.

“I think you really smash them and break them and hit them with meaning,” she said. “Because it has been tough for everybody.”

Rose Consenstein, age 8, said she felt like “beating the heck” out of a coronavirus pinata at her outdoor birthday party.

“I couldn’t see it, since I had a blindfold,” Consenstein said. “But I was just like, ‘I want to get you!’ ”

Tolladay Vidal started her pinata business about four years ago, after one of her daughters requested a pinata shaped like the character “Cloud Guy” from the film “Trolls.”

“I had looked in the stores in town. I looked online, and I didn’t find anything,” Tolladay Vidal said. “And I thought, ‘Well, you know, it shouldn’t be so hard to make up a pinata.’ ”

Tolladay Vidal had grown up in Mexico, spending years creating pinatas with her family.

“I have a memory of my grandma setting up all the grandchildren and helping her make a couple star pinatas with the seven points,” she said.

Rose Consenstein’s mom, Kate Consenstein, said the coronavirus pinatas were the perfect addition to her daughter’s outdoor, socially distanced birthday party.

“Coronavirus is the perfect villain for children,” Consenstein said. “They can really just simply understand that that is the thing that we want to defeat. There was so much cheering when it exploded.”
Apr 21st, 2021, 11:06 am
Apr 21st, 2021, 2:02 pm

I sometimes get REALLY DEPRESSED reviewing the news these days.
It's always about a global pandemic threatening life as we know it,
protests around the world, stupid politicians, natural disasters,
or some other really bad story.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Welcome to The mobi weekly news magazine
IN OTHER NEWS
WEDNESDAY APRIL 21

What is it?
Here is your chance to become an "ACE REPORTER" for our weekly news magazine.
It is your job to fine weird, funny or "good feel" stories from around the world and share them with our readers in our weekly magazine

How do you play?
Just post a story that you have come across that made you smile, laugh, feel good...
BUT NOTHING DEPRESSING :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EXAMPLE POST
Naked sunbather chases wild boar through park after it steals his laptop bag
A naked sunbather was seen chasing wild boar through a park after it stole his laptop bag.
Amusing photographs from Germany show the man running after the animal to try and claim the plastic bag back.
But the cheeky boar and its two piglets appear to be too quick for the sunbather, who can't keep up with their speedy little trotters.
As the incident unfolds, groups of friends and family sat on the grass watch on and laugh.
Heads are seen turning in surprise and amusement in the hilarious photographs.
The incident happened at Teufelssee Lake - a bathing spot in the Grunwell Forest in Berlin, Germany.

Rules:
Each Edition of IN OTHER NEWS will be open for 7 days...
You may post One Story in any 24 hour period
So in other words, you can enter only once a day
Each news day will start when I post announcing it
OR at:
9:00 AM CHICAGO TIME (UTC -5)
2:00 PM GMT (UTC -0)

on those days I space out and forget to post or can't due to Real Life :lol:
Stories may be accompanied with images - but No big images, please! 800x800 pixels wide maximum
Videos are allowed, but please keep them to under a minute, and post a short summary for those that don't like to click on videos
No Duplicate stories - Where a post has been edited resulting in duplicates, then the last one in time gets disallowed.
And please limit this to reasonably family friendly stories :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reward:
Each news story posted that I feel is acceptable (must be a real story, too few words or simply a headline are not considered acceptable) will earn you 50 WRZ$
If you post multiple stories on any given day, you will only earn 50 WRZ$ for the first story of the Day
All payments will be made at THE END of the weekly news cycle.
Special Bonus - Each week I will award "The Pulitzer Prize" for the best story of the week
The weekly winner of the "The Pulitzer Prize" will receive a 100 WRZ$ bonus
It's just my personal opinion, so my judgement is final

So help bring GOOD news to the members of mobi, and join our reporting team...

IN OTHER NEWS

Apr 21st, 2021, 2:02 pm