Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Jul 27th, 2021, 2:30 am
Morning everyone :D

Hi dreamy :wave:
Matina good news your coming out of lockdown, you'll be kept busy no doubt, enjoy some Chinese I'm hoping ours will be open this week :? but who knows we're looking at September before we can go out :( enjoy relaxing today :D Good morning Pj 20c I hope winter isn't leaving just yet warm weather for the next few days :? I must spend sometime out in the sun or I may go up in flames :lol: how are the girls :? Doesn't look good for us getting out of lockdown anytime soon oh well we'll just go on I do miss my kids :? take care everyone hugs to diva :D
Jul 27th, 2021, 2:30 am
Jul 27th, 2021, 8:23 am

matina and Katy . . . Back from my eye doctor's appointment and am happy to report that I'm off my special drops, because everything has healed up 100%. Stopped at Woolies and the PO on the way back and nearly suffocated with my mask! Then I did tutoring with my only remaining student, via Zoom. Time for a nap!

Hi to dreamy, Fatima, Diva and Alessa as well . . . back later.
Jul 27th, 2021, 8:23 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Jul 27th, 2021, 9:01 am
Good day, everyone! :wave:

Teachers from my school had a group video call with the school today. They are allowing teachers who got vaccinated 2 weeks prior to this weekend to return to work on August 2nd. So glad we’re getting some part of our lives back. The time off-work has been nice and relaxing, but I’m out if interesting things to do at home. Going back to work will be nice…at least for the first month or so. Hopefully I won’t bash my head against the wall by then :lol:

Pjm, it’s great to hear that your eyes are doing much better. Tutoring via Zoom is a fantastic idea. I’ve never done a Zoom tutorial but teacher friends of mine say it works fine. Btw, what is that bird called? Its bill is so big!
Matina, I get tons of chinese food here but love having pasta, pizza, hamburgers or fried chicken at least once a week. Enjoy your meal! :)
Kathy, hopefully you can get tons of sun exposure. I’ve bunked in my room with the AC on at 25C for the past 2 months. The only time I get some sun is when I leave to go to the grocery store.
Fatima, Dreamy, Sherl: Hi, Nice seeing you! :wave:

Have a great day! :D
Jul 27th, 2021, 9:01 am
Jul 27th, 2021, 1:39 pm

Katy, I just checked the ABC news and it looks as if someone has leaked tomorrow's covid announcement (by Gladys) to a journalist. Lockdown will apparently be extended to August 28th and a kind of 'quickie' covid test will be used in some places. Have put in my Woollies home delivery order for Sunday, and notice that it's no longer possible to get next-day delivery. Seems like we'll have to plan 4-5 days ahead.

Alessa, good to hear that you're going back to work soon. That last photo I posted was a kookaburra. They hang out on my back deck in the morning, and finish up all the 'old' cat food that my fussy fuzzies won't eat. The currawongs and and magpies also help out. On my front deck, the cockatoos (see above) and crimson rosellas eat bagfuls of 'wild bird seed' . . . with a little assistance from pigeons and king parrots. It's like living in an aviary!

matina, more good news from my eye doctor this afternoon is that eventually I may be able to go off the Xalatan eye drops that I've been taking for 25 years, to reduce my eye pressure. He says cataract ops often reduce eye pressure permanently.

Well, that's it for me tonight. I've had a busy day. Good night, everyone . . .

Jul 27th, 2021, 1:39 pm

Post rewarded by pjmpjm on Jul 27th, 2021, 1:40 pm.

Jul 28th, 2021, 2:33 am
Hello everyone :D

Hi Alessa yes I've been sitting in the sun the last couple of days while its not been too cold :D Morning Pj I'm just watching Gladys give us the news on our lockdown 4 weeks oh well we're ok here its just hard on the family I worry for my daughter who's trying to work and home-school :( That's good news on your eye pressure it must have reduced significantly since your surgery that is a great outcome :D Matina are you ok :? looking forward to getting out i hope your auntie is doing better bless you :D :D hugs all :D diva xo
Jul 28th, 2021, 2:33 am
Jul 28th, 2021, 5:16 am
HELLO ALL!
home day today. the cleaner just came and spruced up a bit. may go out for a small shopping trip later on this afternoon.
Alessa it is good that you will get back to work. please be safe those little cute munchkins are walking petri dishes. :lol: :lol:
Kathy i don't want to hear anything at all about the sun i am more than comfortable with the wet wild windy weather i love it! i used to when i was able to walk better go down to the beach walk along the jetty eating an ice cream while the wind blew a gale and the waves crashed the sound and visual effect was AWESOME! i loved it (it was my most liberating refreshing thing i did just for me) OH I did this with only a t-shirt on and pants and flip flops on! hair loose walking into the wind while eating the ice cream. then on the way back hair would fly everywhere. I would end up looking like a troll doll :lol: :lol: :lol:
PJ that kookaburra is looking mighty comfortable on that railing and posing too. that cockie looks totally stunned at how swollen his ankles are looking :lol: :lol: :lol:
hello to anyone else i may have missed be safe and god bless and protect us all.
time for a nana nap
WOLF OUT!
Jul 28th, 2021, 5:16 am

Jul 28th, 2021, 5:17 am

matina, am posting some 'lockdown views' from my upstairs living room, looking south and west on a very windy winter's day. It's 'warmer' today than yesterday, up to 12 degrees, but the wind makes it feel colder. Am so glad to be able to stop my eye drops and am now relieved that both eyes have new lenses. Later I'll go to the optometrist and get new specs. Hope you're having a bit of a rest today.

Katy, yes, I heard both Gladys and Scomo speak this morning and give us the message to 'hunker down and push on' (although it's hard to know how we'll do both at the same time). I'm driving over to the chemist late this afternoon and getting my scripts filled. Since the chemist is right next door to the health food shop, I'll also pick up some of my favourite 'Pure Life' sprouted bread. Glad you were able to get outside today. I can't believe how long the high winds have been going on up here. Makes walking less than fun. My sincere good wishes go out to young mothers like your daughter, who still have children home from school and who have to work while maintaining a family. I really don't know how they do it. Makes my own life seem easy.

Alessa, Diva, Fatima, and all the CC&BC regulars . . . stay well!

Jul 28th, 2021, 5:17 am

Post rewarded by pjmpjm on Jul 28th, 2021, 5:18 am.

Jul 28th, 2021, 7:20 am
PJ awesome news on your being able to stop a medication and that your eyes are doing so well. I am sorry i did forget to mention that before ;( hugs to the girls and be safe driving out in all that.
I am very sorry to hear that your lock-downs are going to continue and it is all because of the idiots that don't want to comply. it is times like these that i start to feel part dalek EXTERMINATE! & part Borg (resistance is futile) these idiots just make it harder for those doing the right thing.
Jul 28th, 2021, 7:20 am

Jul 28th, 2021, 9:39 am
Greetings all

Advance warning - husky photos coming soon, yes I'm off to play with the huskies tomorrow afternoon, can't wait :lol:
Jul 28th, 2021, 9:39 am

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi
Jul 28th, 2021, 12:14 pm
HUSKIES OMG did some one say HUSKIES PHOTOS!!! WHERE WHERE WHERE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jul 28th, 2021, 12:14 pm

Jul 29th, 2021, 2:40 am
Hey everyone

Ooh huskies we love huskies or any puppies really :D Matina I needed some sunlight just to make sure I'm not vampire :lol: Hi Pj
hubby ventured out to get groceries like you said they're not guaranteed same day or next delivery for online orders :? it's is still very windy here as well a bit cooler today 17c :) time to vacuum I've been a bit lazy lately :D look after yourself and the girls :D
Diva mwah :D hugs to all :D
Jul 29th, 2021, 2:40 am
Jul 29th, 2021, 5:43 am

matina, my brother has finally sorted out his iPhone and just sent me some photos. (I had complained to his niece that he could receive my texted photos but didn't seem to be able to send any to me.) This top one shows the familiar view from the front of his house towards the ocean and the National Park, just after sunrise. Hope you're OK today. Those huskie photos are sure to arrive soon!

Katy, guess our Sydney area lockdown is here to stay. Glad to know that you're just outside the 'danger zone' . . . Wearing masks whenever outside the house (even driving?) sure does sound like it would wear thin after a while. I was exhausted yesterday after an hour at the eye doctor's and then an hour picking up mail and essentials at the supermarket. Had to have a nap as soon as I got home. Too much of my own carbon dioxide, I think! BTW, I checked Coles' deliveries last night and found that all available delivery slots were booked full up to next Tuesday, the last day listed . . . so that meant that you couldn't book a delivery online at all. That surprised me. (I have my Woollies delivery coming on Sunday afternoon.) Anyhow, all OK here and about 7 degrees. Wind has finally died down. The fuzzies and I have a good stockpile of food and water.

(matina, this bottom photo shows a side view of the complete 'garage' building next to my brother's house, where 'Little Cat' lives in the upstairs room. I've just noticed that she's peacefully sleeping on top of one of the big rocks in this photo.)
Jul 29th, 2021, 5:43 am

Post rewarded by pjmpjm on Jul 29th, 2021, 5:45 am.

Jul 29th, 2021, 7:28 am
Hi, all!

Got my hair done yesterday. Last visit to the hairdresser’s was back in April so you can imagine the state of my hair :lol: I’m very pleased with the coloring and styling this time. Definitely much better than in my last visit :D

It’s 30C right now and I hear thunder. It hasn’t started raining yet but I suspect it will once I step out to go grocery shopping in a couple of hours. Same thing happened yesterday. It started pouring as soon as I left my building. Thankfully I was taking a taxi so I didn’t get rained on much.

Wearing a mask everywhere is common here but it does become too much if one has to wear it all day long, specially at work. The school has reminded us that we need to wear a mask and something to protect our eyes, so I got a visor. I would’ve gone with goggles instead if I didn’t have to wear my glasses.

Huskies are really beautiful. I love their eyes. Can’t wait to see the pictures either!

Take care & have a great Thursday :wave:
Jul 29th, 2021, 7:28 am
Jul 29th, 2021, 8:55 am
HELLO ALL!
It has been a long day starting with the hairdressers then visiting my aunty and uncle. followed by 3 shopping stops and then home it was a long day plus a phone call from mums home care package coordinator she seemed like a very nice lady. we will get a home visit next Thursday. lucky i have no other appointments on that day so it will be a home day.
PJ gorgeous photos from your brother Little Cat is a very very very lucky cat! I am still awaiting my adoption papers to come through ;-) I find coles to be unaccommodating with food choices and delivery times and woolworths a much better service and food. they seem to be better organised with increasing services when they are needed and are on top of things better as things unfold. better stocked and more delivery times and they don't forget about the pensioners too allowing and allocating times for them at a lower delivery cost. coles always looks they are playing catch up.
alessa it is always nice after going to the hair dresser things feel great again oh those scalp massages are to die for ;-)
Diva thank you for contest notifications bless you
Kathy i hope you are coping ok you may need to get in the trolley while hubby goes shopping it will be a nice outing for you ;-)
well time for me to have a coffee and relax.
be safe everyone and may god bless and be with you all
WOLF OUT!
P.S FATIMA! I see NO huskies YET!!!
Jul 29th, 2021, 8:55 am

Jul 29th, 2021, 10:00 am
matina wrote:P.S FATIMA! I see NO huskies YET!!!

I'm not going till this afternoon :lol: Patience Wolfie, patience
Jul 29th, 2021, 10:00 am

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi