Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Mar 16th, 2024, 3:49 am

matina, that was a ginger plant flower I posted the other day. I didn't know what it was either, and had to ask for help. I guess it must have been growing in my backyard when I bought the house 16 years. I don't remember planting it. And I don't remember the strange ginger flower at all! Feeling a bit better today. Talked to my neighbour over the fence, while Sunnya watched us with some concern. Feeling a bit better yet again. Read last night that it takes 2-4 weeks to get over my op, so I guess I have to be patient. Will take it easy today in my recliner.

Katy, so glad your grandson did well on his training outing. Wish I lived close enough to be asked for money by my grandchildren. I've been putting $20 in their birthday cards! Cool and rainy here today, though the rain has stopped now. Lots of cockies have turned up and Sunnya has been keeping an eye on them. After showing me a lot of attention, and enjoying a nice brunch, Rishi has gone back to bed.

Bye for now . . .
Mar 16th, 2024, 3:49 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Mar 16th, 2024, 10:33 am
HELLO ALL!
PJ so glad that you are improving and on the mend. I don't know what they were thinking giving you those antibiotics they should be shot! I read all the side effects and the first one that it can cause heart issues would have been enough not to prescribe them let alone all the others listed especially to an elderly man. :( :( :( get well soon. scoff probiotics and prebiotics like candy to help replace all the good gut bacteria. does this ginger plant actually produce ginger roots? :? :?
KATHY I am so impressed by your grandsons resilience and that he gives anything a go. I am so very proud of him for you. well done!
we picked up mum's new sunglasses and reading glasses then went to pub for a nice lunch.
came home crashed and then we played our mahjong games and then made a few phone calls.
Just finished our dinner soup and left over garlic cheese pizza ;-) yummy time to watch the idiot box lol ;-) :lol:
WOLF OUT!
Mar 16th, 2024, 10:33 am

Mar 17th, 2024, 12:54 am
Hello everyone

Thankyou matina we are very proud of our boy he's come a long way and it's been a battle at time's :) my daughter and I are getting our hair cut colour then we're having lunch :D your pub lunch looked nice as you say a bit stingy on the chips :D Pj i am lucky to have the kids close I'm glad we moved here so we can be there for them n vica versa :D how are the Maine family doing they should be entering spring or fall as they say :D :? Keep getting yiur strength up how gorgeously is rishi checking in you a good little nurse :D enjoy your Sunday xo hugs all :D
Mar 17th, 2024, 12:54 am
Mar 17th, 2024, 3:44 am

matina, a bit better today . . . cool here and rainy. Rishi has been sitting with me again. She's such a comfort. Had her brunch and is now enjoying a nice nap. Sat out on the patio with Sunnya for a short while but it was too cold. Glad you got out yesterday. Am going to postpone my dental hygiene appointment for Tuesday. Just bought my Green Slip and have my Pink Slip safety inspection Thursday. Hope I feel up to it. Enjoy your Sunday!

Katy, yes, slowly getting better. Will talk to my niece in Maine tonight. They'll be looking for spring in April. No much snow for them this past northern winter. Enjoy your lunch!

☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
Mar 17th, 2024, 3:44 am

Mar 17th, 2024, 9:15 am
HELLO ALL!
PJ so glad that you are on the mend be safe don't over do it postpone what isn't super urgent and heal.I would kill for your cool -cold weather. here it is humid and i am not happy ;-(
happy St Patricks day to everyone today.
KATHY I am so glad that you enjoyed your lunch today ;-) that steakhouse looks awesome and those chips look out of this world. I wish i was there i am packing my bag and heading for the airport as we speak. lol;-)
we had a quiet one at home today feeling exhausted.
be safe everyone and god bless and be with you all
WOLF OUT!
Mar 17th, 2024, 9:15 am

Mar 18th, 2024, 1:25 am

Matina it was a really nice reasonably priced lunch :D there are a lot of new suburbs popping up in this area so now they're building new shopping centres with new cafes and restaurants some are just to expensive to even go into but occasionally you find a little gem :D I thought when I saw the menu that you would love those crispy chips with the lot :lol: Hi Pj my those cockatoos are getting cankles again it's a wonder they're are able to take off :lol: thinking of you and hope each day is a better one :D I agree with matina put off any appts dont undo your progress by going out too soon :D let your little nurses keep looking after you :D
Take care everyone hugs :D
Mar 18th, 2024, 1:25 am
Mar 18th, 2024, 2:23 am

matina, a better day today. I've now postponed my physio and my dental hygiene for two weeks. I see my GP on Thursday. Am eating more and feeling less pain. Slept reasonably well, at least by my current standards. 14 degrees up here again today, and a bit rainy. Sat outside with Sunnya for a while, under cover on the patio, but it was a bit chilly. Great talk with my son yesterday afternoon. And I had my regular chat with my niece last night, and got all the family news. My granddaughter is gradually recovering from her concussion but still isn't 100%. Wish I could send you this cool autumn weather!

Katy, good to hear about your new restaurant find. Same here in the upper mountains. Cafes and restaurants everywhere. New ones popping up from time to time. Planning to take it easy now, until Thursday. Thanks for your good wishes.

Take care . . .
Mar 18th, 2024, 2:23 am

Mar 18th, 2024, 9:33 am
HELLO ALL!
PJ I am glad to hear that you have improved and you sound a lot better keep eating and napping it is the key to healing so rich hearty soups and some bread and fruit too almonds are great too keep up the cinnamon tea it can only help not harm. yogurt is key with probiotics. yes those cockies are starting to get canckles again ;-) I wish you could send me some of that cool weather we are roasting here 30 degrees and 78% humidity its just atrocious!
KATHY If you keep going to that restaurant and eating those loaded fries your going to get canckles too lol ;-) ahhh stuff it i am just jealous i am not there to help you partake in those yummy gooey cheesiness. love to the family and you and i would be lethal to any establishment we will visit.
Be safe everyone time to get dinner organised i think a grazing plate tomatoe salami cheese cucumber salada biscuits carrot olives and some 2 minute noodles.
god bless and be with you all
WOLF OUT!
Mar 18th, 2024, 9:33 am

Mar 19th, 2024, 1:32 am
Hi everyone

Sometimes I picture rishi using Pjs computer when he's not ground :lol: only this kitty is the wrong colour :D

Ahhh matina my cankles are well earned :lol: we do share the plates though :D enjoy your massage I'm about to go to the boys school he forgot his lunch and refuses to buy it my daughter is in the city today so back out we go :?
Pj I love little boutique cafes some around here are family owned and the service and costs are always good they especially cater to seniors with discount meals :D good to hear your eating a bit better that's progress keep going you've done well all the best :) hugs always :D
Mar 19th, 2024, 1:32 am
Mar 19th, 2024, 5:40 am

My very, very green front yard . . .

matina and Katy . . . power is back. Feeling better about that. Still sore but able to eat more. Fuzzies are fine. 21 degrees this afternoon, so I was warm enough.

Katy, great photo! Rishi does sometimes walk across my keyboard and leaves messages that only fuzzies can understand! She's napping downstairs now. Sunnya is out patrolling the back yard.

Time to enjoy a nap . . . can use my CPAP machine! Nothing more to do until Thursday.

Bye for now . . .
Mar 19th, 2024, 5:40 am

Mar 19th, 2024, 6:46 am
HELLO ALL!
PJ so glad your power is back on and that you are feeling better too go and enjoy your nana nap you will feel better.
KATHY I am happy to go out and sample all those new cafes with you so send me lots of photos ;-) Until i can afford the plane trip there and have the time to enjoy you and your familys company as things stand now i am up to my eyeballs in geriatric dementia and homecare package emails phone calls dr appointments and my own health and mobility issues.
I hope everyone else is well it is cooler today but the humidity is a killer.
time for coffee and mum made an awesome apple cinnamon cake with cranberry's yummy!
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
WOLF OUT!
Mar 19th, 2024, 6:46 am

Mar 20th, 2024, 1:25 am
Morning everyone :wave:

Hi Pj raining and humid though next week looks promising temps in the low 20's :D your backyard looks good being so nice and green I can see why sunnya loves being out there :D keep taking things slowly :D matina my granddaughter is going to our Easter Show on Friday one of her friends has entered the baking competition I'm hoping to get some photos to share :D be well take care everyone :D
Mar 20th, 2024, 1:25 am
Mar 20th, 2024, 3:15 am

Yesterday's sunset as seen from my front deck . . .

matina, recovery continues gradually. Nothing to do today, so I'll just take it easy. Tomorrow I have a checkup with my GP in Katoomba. Short sit out on my back patio with Sunnya a while ago. Good news from my granddaughter, whose latest MRI came back 100%. She's supposed to rest up for another 3 months.

Katy, cooler up here in the mountains and a bit of light rain from time to time. They say colder weather is coming, with an 8 degree night due. Fed the birds and am now watching them and the sky. So glad to have my electricity back! Hope your granddaughter enjoys the Royal Easter Show. I used to attend back in my younger days.
Mar 20th, 2024, 3:15 am

Mar 20th, 2024, 8:10 am
HELLO ALL!
PJ So glad to hear your recovering slowly and surely rest as much as you can and keep the girls close by for comfort. good news on your grand daughters latest MRI scan hope she can fully recover from it i hope she heeds the rest for 3 months bit i bet she is itching to get onto her horse again ;-)
KATHY i hope you have fun at the easter show with your granddaughter and you all have an awesome time be safe i hope the weather is cooler then for us all.
Satan duty tomorrow it is his birthday lord help us all.
home day for us today and just had a friend pop in for dinner so must dash.
be safe take care god bless and be with you all
WOLF OUT!
Mar 20th, 2024, 8:10 am

Mar 21st, 2024, 1:23 am

Ahhhh 14c this morning cold southerly blowing finally better stay this way :D matina I'm not going to the Easter show my granddaughter and her friend are :D I couldn't walk it if I tried :? Id need a wheelchair :D Sorry about Satan duty get in get out :( Pj keep us posted on your drs appt :? You'll probably need a nap when you get home it'll be tiring for sure :D coffee on the deck and enjoying the morning those big ibis birds are back on the farmland the gardeners grandchildren are chasing them off the new winter veges with brooms :lol: oh dear :shock:
God bless
Mar 21st, 2024, 1:23 am