Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Apr 13th, 2021, 3:24 am

matina and Katy . . . hope you're both well.

All OK here. Will write more later.
Apr 13th, 2021, 3:24 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Apr 13th, 2021, 3:25 am
Hi everyone :)

Matina the kids are usually pretty good with me separately :lol: the boy occupies himself but it's my grandaughter who is bored anywhere she goes, she does rides a bike outside with her friends around her house, but you are reluctant to let them go too far from your site these days :? you have to drill into them even more now the stranger danger message :?I hope you get your garage door fixed that's all you need now :( :( Hi Pj it was fairly cool last night here 6c overnight 22c today I function much better in this weather :D I love how you can get fresh spring water considering how much they charge at the shop for supposed spring water :? :shock: time to feed the troops again then there going back to their parents and I can relax :D take care everyone :)
Apr 13th, 2021, 3:25 am
Apr 13th, 2021, 8:08 am

matina, let us know if your garage door is fixed. Have had to practice the manual operation with my own, a year or two ago, when I lost electricity.

Katy, was down to 3 degrees last night, up here in the mountains, but didn't feel quite so cold without any wind. Yes, I feel very, very lucky to have a spring so close to the house. I know I've recovered a lot, because now I can easily carry two full bottles at a time, up the embankment. Last week I broke one of my bottles, so only have nine now. Grandchildren are iindeed more fun, since you can hand them over again at the end of the day. My brother enjoys his four in smallish doses. His oldest is only six now.
Apr 13th, 2021, 8:08 am

Apr 14th, 2021, 2:42 am
Morning all :D

Hey Pj yep the good thing about being a grandparents is the karma :D when the kids do something and their parents ask "was i that bad" :lol: payback time , i hope you take it slowly filling up the water bottles they don't look light :o be careful you don't want to strain anything :? this damn weather is 30c today, but its nice in the sun :D my hubby finally put together our outdoor setting only took him a year :lol: :lol: matina good hunting wolf mwah :D hello to all, John i have the whiskey waiting :thumbup: :D diva hugs always mwah :D
Apr 14th, 2021, 2:42 am
Apr 14th, 2021, 2:49 am
Hello all!
Mums appointment finished early now at the pub waiting for the lunch hour to start before heading home.
Garage door will be fixed tomorrow afternoon replacement motor and 3 remote keys with 5 year warranty & service between $600-$680 if no other issues are found. Fingers crossed. So podiatrist appointments in the morning Garage folks coming in the afternoon another busy day. Hoping all goes well.
Kathy hope your ok and enduring the grandkids.
PJ hope all is well with you hope Rishi is ok now.
Hello to the regulars.
Fatima need to see some more cute fury faces.
Hello ice bear pinky bluey stretton booktopia sher. Star isak foxy dreamy anna hija phoebess miajohn JG IvannovaS seb amil notty lara. Merry weelee. Iheart oswede. Dalek sunny
diva & alessa thank you for your notifications bless you.
Have a good day/ evening folks
Be safe god bless you all.
WOLF OUT!
Apr 14th, 2021, 2:49 am

Apr 14th, 2021, 4:53 am

matina, hope you get the garage door fixed as planned. Mine is quite old and am so glad that I know how to work it manually. Rishi is just fine and her eye looks completely normal. Photo above shows my 'holter monitor' which is attached to my chest by a number of wires! Had it put on at 11:30 am and have to return to have it removed tomorrow. Checking to see if I still have 'a-fib' and, if not, maybe I can go off one of my meds.

Katy, hope you can enjoy your outdoor setting. I have my own chairs and table on my backyard patio under a kind of 'overhang roof' (can't think of the right word) so that I can sit out there even if it's raining. Sunnya enjoys it too. Yes, it's so much fun to recall when serious and 40ish children were young and naughty, isn't it? 18 degrees up here, and sunny, but the wind is making it feel much colder.

How are all the CC&BC regulars doing? Please keep us posted!

Walked past my local bookshop and snapped this lower photo . . .
Apr 14th, 2021, 4:53 am

Apr 15th, 2021, 2:09 am
Hello all :D

Supermarket giant Aldi has launched an investigation after a Sydney woman claimed she found a live snake in a bag of lettuce :o

This was in the news feed the other day :o :shock: i just about fainted :lol: lucky I only buy from the vege market :)

Good morning Pj how was your night did you sleep much :? i know you've had the halter monitor before, but it looks uncomfortable :( fingers crossed you get a good result and you can reduce some meds :D i bet rishi was under the covers wondering what was with all the wires :lol:
21c back to autumn i hope, I sure do sleep better when its cool :D my daughter often begs me not to tell the kids what she got up to when she was their age what's good for the goose I say :lol: Morning Matina i didn't have an auto garage door till we moved, hubby was my door opener cheap at half the price :lol: seriously tho that's an expensive repair let's hope it something easily fixed :?
hugs always to our regulars thinking of you all :)
Apr 15th, 2021, 2:09 am
Apr 15th, 2021, 3:37 am
hello all!
just got back from the podiatrist and all is well. getting lunch organized and now waiting till the repair men arrive for the garage repair fingers crossed it isn't anything else. as it is mum and i will be living on popcorn and 2 minute noodles for the next 3 months and cans of tuna and chickpeas. 4 bean mix.
PJ let us know how you got on with the heart monitor. that thing only makes me more anxious.
kathy yes mum is now my garage opener but she can barely make it up the drive way both of us are not able to go up the incline it so hard getting in and out of a car when on an incline and since :? i have no hubby :o :shock: i cant send him off to do anything at all. lol :lol: :lol:
Yes you cant take your eyes off the kids at all these days even at school they are in danger from their own teachers what a world we live in. I wonder was it always like this? but now we have the means of hearing of such things more because of the media or is it more prevalent :? :? :? A snake in the lettuce :o :shock: is it a black snake i wonder if anyone can identify it, well in any case no need to add meat to the salad or tuna snake salad anyone??? :lol: :lol: :lol: taste like yeap you guessed it chicken!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
hello to regulars and not so regulars be safe and god bless you all.
Time for lunch steak and veges with mashed potato and mushroom gravy :D :D :D
WOLF OUT!
Apr 15th, 2021, 3:37 am

Apr 15th, 2021, 4:06 am
Just a quick drive by... just got home.

Thanks all...
Apr 15th, 2021, 4:06 am

Apr 15th, 2021, 4:10 am

matina, one of my holter monitor 'thingys' fell off at 4 am so . . . as I was instructed . . . I reattached a new one, in the same spot. At my appointment this morning, the 'thingy' was loose again, and they told me that unless I'd collected 18 hours of data, then I'd have to do it all over again! I really hope I don't have to do it, because it's very awkward to sleep with it, especially if I have to worry that more 'thingys' will fall off. I talk to my GP on the phone today, to get my prescriptions renewed. Hope your podiatrist appointment helped and that you'll get the garage door fixed OK. It's just one thing after another, isn't it? I sometimes think I'm getting very, very tired of it all.

Katy, am looking forward to a nice nap after my GP rings me at 1:45. I didn't really sleep well last night. I'm not even sure that the holter monitor test will make any difference. I just kind of hoped that I could get off one of my meds and its associated side effects, and maybe go to a daily mini-aspirin instead. 16 degrees and a bit breezy right now, so it feels autumny. I ordered more firewood for a Monday afternoon delivery, and this time I asked for the best quality wood. I think it's worth the money. I have enough left for maybe 3 fires and can always go to the local petrol station and buy a top-up bag. Or use the central heating. But the fuzzies really prefer the fire! (Rishi stayed by the fireplace last night, thinking it was a better bet than yours truly.)

Good to hear from you, John!

Hope all the other CC&BC regulars are OK. Check in when you can, and let us know.

Bye for now . . .
Apr 15th, 2021, 4:10 am

Apr 15th, 2021, 8:31 am
PJ as long as the main thingy doesn't fall off it should be good to go :lol: :lol: :lol: they probably want to get you for sleep apnea too. it can detect heart beat no problem the rest is gravy. :lol: :lol:
roller door guy turned up and not the guy they told me who would come and then he started to um and ah saying he couldn't do it on his own he needed another guy to help. (I looked at him ready to GROWL) so smiling I told him
1 I expected Jeff to turn up
2 you turn up without so much of a phone call informing me of the change
3 i wanted to see both motor units before deciding which one i want to install
4 now your telling me you only have one of them.
5 your saying you cant do the job today because you need another guy to help you
6 why wasn't i told this before?.(he says "we don't know till we see the premises"
7 so why don't you come out to provide free quotes therefore enabling you to see the premises or ask for photos of the garage before agreeing to do the job?.
8 i don't care i made time today for this thing to be fixed. we can no longer get in and out of the car on an incline, plus i have to go visit my father whom has dementia.
9 If you cant do it then leave NOW but
10 i am not paying for 2 call out fees thank you for your time.
11 i will contact the office to arrange a new date and time But i am NOT HAPPY! & it's very UNPROFESSIONAL. I then preceded to go sit down on my outdoor furniture to reiterate what was going on to mum.
He then promptly got on the phone telling the office he needed help etc obviously someone put a fire up him because he fixed it in 20 minutes. including programming 3 remotes. $600 all done (i really don't know what all the dog and pony show was about) but my mama raised no fool. If he hadn't fixed it my next call would have been to the office telling them to come fix it now or else!
then my cousin came for coffee and another friend popped in so its been a very busy full on day.
THANK GOD it is all over and done with and i wont worry about it for 5 years its under warranty. I swear they see 2 women and they think they can take advantage by extending the time stuffing around maybe trying to get and extra call out fee who knows?? but boy did he pick the wrong one to try it all on!
so time for a nice relaxing chamomile tea!
PJ goodluck with cutting back on your medications.
JG nice to see you welcome back home and we expect you to share more than the drinks this time round any chance of some of that good stuff too :lol: :lol:
Kathy hope you had a good day!
goodnight all!
WOLF OUT!
Apr 15th, 2021, 8:31 am

Apr 15th, 2021, 8:43 am

For you John good to have you back :D :D
Matina good for you I bet he sh.....it bricks when you gave it to him glad its done now mwah night to you and Pj take care everyone
Apr 15th, 2021, 8:43 am
Apr 15th, 2021, 12:53 pm
Greetings all

Lovely and sunny this afternoon after a hard frost this morning, wouldn't surprise if we don't get much (any) fruit this year. Apparently vintners are fearing for the grape harvest, so drink as much wine as you can now before it runs out :lol:

I'm missing the furry faces as much as you are Matina :(

This is a photo I pinched from the website, a new girl who I should be playing with right now!

As there are no tales from the dog house, you'll have to make do with tales from the greenhouse :D Not so much cuteness but I'm suffering so why shouldn't you lot :lol:

So far we have
Spring onions (scallions)
Jalapeno chilli peppers
Lettuce
Cucumber
Courgettes (zuccini)
Dill
Coriander
2 types of Basil
3 rare (to me) types of chilli peppers (Purple Maui, Prairie Fire and Betember Brown)
Scotch Bonnets

all sprouting and they've only been in a week :D

Once they're bigger I shall regale you with photos of my little sprouts

Keep safe, keep sane and keep smiling
Apr 15th, 2021, 12:53 pm

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi
Apr 15th, 2021, 1:11 pm

matina, so glad you eventually got that garage door fixed. What a production! I finally had to follow up on my three new smoke alarms, and this afternoon talked to the wife of the local electrician. She apologised and said she only just found the note where she was supposed to make an appointment for me, but entirely missed it all this past week. Anyhow, he'll come next Monday afternoon.

Am sure hoping that my 'holter monitor' test was long enough. Talked to my GP about it today on the phone. Now having a comprehensive blood test on the 29th.

Katy, am signing off soon and hoping to get an early night. Absolutely no appointments for tomorrow!
Apr 15th, 2021, 1:11 pm

Apr 16th, 2021, 1:15 am
Hi everyone :D

Hey fatima oooh I can't eat chillies my head explodes as well as other things :lol: but I admire people who can my son-in-law does the scotch bonnets without blinking :shock:
I look forward to your photos of your growing crops :D Morning Pj coffee outside this morning its a beautiful day 22c :D the camellias are still blooming beautifully this time I'm quite proud of them :) the kids are off to the movies then back to school next week :D you can hear a collective sigh of relief from parents everywhere :lol: cuddle those gorgeous fuzzies they will always make you feel better :D my love and prayers Pj xo Matina im going to do a little shopping then home Ill make hubby treat me lunch on the way home :D I hope you can relax soon hugs always xo
Apr 16th, 2021, 1:15 am