Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Apr 22nd, 2021, 5:10 am

matina, all OK here. Going over to Katoomba at 3:30 to see my eye doctor, to get ready for May's cataract op. Feeling pretty good. Am expecting a phone call from my niece about my brother and his wife.

Katy, beautiful day up here too, but it was just a bit too breezy to sit out in the backyard this morning. Now the sun is out and it's up to 9 degrees, but I have to get a few things done before I drive to my appointment. Rishi was on my bed all last night and then came upstairs for another nap in her little cubby house. Will be having another fire tonight, I'm sure. Supposed to get down to 2 degrees.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you're well. Bye for now . . .

Top photo from kitchen. Bottom shot of the patio from my downstairs bedroom.
Apr 22nd, 2021, 5:10 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Apr 22nd, 2021, 6:12 am
HELLO ALL!
nice an cool & home and loving it!
PJ good luck with your appointment. keep us updated on the Maine Family they are in our prayers.
Kathy it is a sad state of affairs when we have gotten to a point when we cant take pictures of our own kids receiving awards just asinine. Congratulations to your Grandson on getting an award especially on manners and respect something he can teach to a lot of adults in today's society.
we are making Easter cookies for next week which is our Greek Orthodox Easter.
hello to all the regulars fatima no fury faces i am getting withdrawal symptoms. miajohn hope all is well with you.
alessa Diva thank you for contest notifications you are both awesome!
Sherlockx you are missed please pop in.
stretton JG IvannovaS pop in say hello Ice bear foxy some kilt wont go astray jeanette where are you girl? Kristina anna Hija Dreamy i hope you are all well too thank you for your time and effort in keeping us amused with games god bless you all
Now time for coffee please be safe everyone and god bless you all!

PS any one tech savvy enough to know about roller door remotes please pm me
Apr 22nd, 2021, 6:12 am

Apr 23rd, 2021, 2:14 am
Morning :D

Hi Pj what a great looking area your downstairs patio, do you get much sun there :? I can see you and sunnya relaxing out there with coffee no wonder she likes exploring your yard :) your outdoor chairs are the same colour as mine :o :D 20c today quite cool this morning 3c I may just put a jumper on today maybe :lol: Morning Matina aren't you just loving this weather :? im sleeping like the dead :D now if my joints would just join the party id be happier :lol: im off to lunch with my daughter :D bless :D take care everyone :D
Apr 23rd, 2021, 2:14 am
Apr 23rd, 2021, 5:12 am

matina, had a talk with my brother's wife last night. They're really hoping for spring there. Light snow yesterday, but it's all melted now.

Katy, I'm lucky to have a nice backyard, facing north, and also have an extra reclining chair that I can move around and sit right in the sun. That's what I did this morning, and Sunnya accompanied me. (Rishi slept in again.) It's up to 13 degrees here now, but was decidedly chilly last night, especially since there was a bit of a breeze. Time has flown and Rishi's vet checkup has rolled around again. Will head over to Wentworth Falls about 4 pm. Am very much hoping that the vet will say that all is well now.

Apr 23rd, 2021, 5:12 am

Apr 23rd, 2021, 8:23 am
hello all!
Another busy day running around but we are home now and time to get dinner on.
PJ nice back yard
Kathy yes cool weather is awesome! JUMPER HELL NO! SACRILEGE! ALL the doors and windows in my house are open (if only i can stop someone in my area from burning toxic smelling wood which comes rolling into my house) all will be well. all my doors and windows are open during winter. closed during summer because we run the air-conditioner.
hello to all the regulars i hope everyone is well. be safe and god bless you all
WOLF OUT!
Apr 23rd, 2021, 8:23 am

Apr 23rd, 2021, 2:36 pm

Good night, everyone!
Apr 23rd, 2021, 2:36 pm

Apr 24th, 2021, 2:12 am
Hello everyone :D

Well we had an eventful afternoon yesterday, my daughter locked her keys in the house she was on her way to pick up the kids from school :? so it was nannie to the rescue :lol: luckily we are only 10mins away :D we had a spare set of keys to her house but they wouldn't open the door :o :shock: so everyone piled over to our house till my son inlaw could get home, which took him 2 hours in peak hour traffic :lol: of course the kids were bored they'd eaten all the snacks I had, and started driving me nuts i laid down the law separated the siblings and warned them body parts would start being removed if they didn't be quiet :lol: :lol: :lol: so matina after all that I still didn't get any pizza cause the locusts ate it all :lol: :shock: :lol: its a lazy couch day im not moving for anyone :D Morning Pj how are you, how did rishis vet appt go :? all the best to your sister-in-law for her birthday i hope she has a beautiful day :D 20c again a lovely day :D Happy weekend everyone take care hugs always xo
Apr 24th, 2021, 2:12 am
Apr 24th, 2021, 4:00 am
HELLO ALL!
HOMEDAY! WHOOHOO! busy baking more cookies for our Easter.
PJ how was rishis appointment and how did you get on too? wishing your sister in law ans AWESOME DAY! filled with love family & friends. May they ALL enjoy it!
HELLO to all the regulars be safe take care and god bless you all.
WOLF OUT!
Apr 24th, 2021, 4:00 am

Apr 24th, 2021, 5:18 am

Hi, everyone. Have had visitors, so was late getting started today. Above photo shows the ash tree in front of my house, glowing in yesterday's afternoon sun.

matina, I have to wait until later to take part in my sister-in-law's 70th birthday party, because their time zone is 14 hours behind ours, and they're only starting the event later in the afternoon. So I'll be staying up late! Rishi got a good report from Lisa the vet yesterday. Her blood-iron count was down slightly, but still well within the normal range. Her weight was up a bit, from 3.44 kg to 3.7 . . . which was good to see. The vet wants to see her in a month for another quickie blood test, and if she stays in the normal range, then we can wait a much longer time for another checkup. My own holter monitor test appointment is only due next week. I asked if there was anything wrong, and the lady on the phone said, 'No, if your test showed anything wrong, then the doctor would see you immediately.' So I guess that's good. Last night, on ACA, they showed a story about new app created for the Apple Watch, that can apparently not only monitor your heart but also detect A-Fib. It's being released in a few weeks and they had a sceptical doctor testing it, who finally said that it seemed to work as well as a traditional ECG. Hmmmmm. Will ask my doc if I should buy one. Have a good weekend! And good wishes for the Greek Easter!

Katy, what an adventure! I'm sure your grandchildren will remember it for years. I assume that your son-in-law was the hero, when he finally arrived! In case this ever happens to me, I have secret way to get into the back of my house with a key. But I won't mention it here! (It does involved climbing over a fence, though . . .) Trust that after all that excitment you're enjoying a quiet and sunny Saturday. It's supposed to be only 15.5 degrees here, but feels much warmer in the sun. Lots of autumn leaves everywhere.

While at the vet yesterday, I saw this funny sign (below). Probably many of you have already seen something similar, but thought I'd include it for CC&BC . . .

Apr 24th, 2021, 5:18 am

Apr 25th, 2021, 1:39 am
Anzac Day in remembrance

Good morning Pj how was your sister-in-law birthday I gather you were up fairly late this morning :? isn't great that you can Skype or zoom with them atleast be a part of the celebrations without cake though :D matina a quiet Sunday for us hugs always :D
Diva mwah xo
Apr 25th, 2021, 1:39 am
Apr 25th, 2021, 4:50 am

Remembering and thanking all those who have served . . . in both Australia and the US and around the world . . . 'Lest We Forget' . . .

matina, I had a talk with my brother and just got some pictures from his wife's 70th birthday party. They held it two days early, so that it could be a big family gathering on Sunday afternoon. The venue was my brother's 'hunting camp' which is located far behind his house, deep in the 300 acres of forest. They have abundant deer and bears living there, but haven't seen any moose lately. Coyotes, lynx, bobcats and racoons abound, but no wolves have been sighted for more than 150 years.

Katy, my brother wasn't feeling well before the event, but both he and his wife enjoyed seeing everyone. They went out through the woods in a 4WD where everything was set up to be comfortable. The amazing cake shows a 1955 Ford Fairlane, with my brother and his wife as teenagers. They met in high school and were high school sweethearts. They stayed together through their university years and then married in 1973, when they graduated.

Whoever constructed the amazing birthday cake seems to have turned the 1955 Ford into a 1957 Chevy (because of the tail fins). But the colour and shape are right!
Apr 25th, 2021, 4:50 am

Apr 25th, 2021, 10:00 am
HELLO ALL!
PJ WHAT AN AWESOME CAKE and even better story don't find LOVE like that anymore. :( :( Image Then go and terrorise the neighbourhood :lol: :lol: :lol: pee and do doo doos in and on other peoples yard car BBQ chase their chickens kill them them. enter their homes rip up their couches pee on their couches kill the native birds all while social distancing :lol: :lol: :lol:
a nice relaxing ANZAC DAY! TODAY!
[url=https://postimages.org/]Image
Apr 25th, 2021, 10:00 am

Apr 25th, 2021, 11:05 am

Rishi has been spending a lot of time in her cubby house lately. It's quite near the fireplace. (Her little nose looks quite pink in this photo, doesn't it?)

matina, my brother and his wife have been married for 48 years now. They have four children and four grandchildren (so far).

I'm going to be ringing them again late tonight to see how they're doing.
Apr 25th, 2021, 11:05 am

Apr 26th, 2021, 2:11 am
Morning all :D

Aw rishi she just melts my heart Pj she looks really well :D with lots of love and care from you as always :) How wonderful is that cake its almost a shame to cut it :o I said almost :lol: im sure the grankids dipped a few fingers in there :lol: im just having coffee in the sun its beautiful out here as usual this time of year, 23c not a cloud any where :D matina id love to be at your house during greek Easter just feed me everything :lol: mwah take care everyone :D
Apr 26th, 2021, 2:11 am
Apr 26th, 2021, 5:16 am

matina, more phone calls. Beautiful, sunny weather up here in the mountains, with lots of autumn leaves. Spring coming to Maine. No appointments for me, for the next two days, so am relaxing as much as possible . . .

Katy, yes, my brother's grandchildren wouldn't have accepted a 'no cut' policy on that amazing 1955 Ford cake! Temperature there was 20 degrees (very warm for spring in Maine) and they had a good outdoors party. My Rishi seems well, but is never as active as her sister. She loves her naps inside the house and rarely goes out into the backyard . . . which is such a shame on a beautiful day like today. 16 degrees but feels warmer in the sun . . . had a nice time myself, sitting in my back garden . . .

Would be great to hear from our other CC&BC people. How are you all doing?

Apr 26th, 2021, 5:16 am