Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Jul 23rd, 2021, 5:12 am

Over at my 'freebie' water source in North Leura, people leave little gifts and flowers. Very nice! I took a little photo of what was placed above the spring yesterday.

matina, how are you doing today? Hope you're having a nice rest. Really hope your PC is operating!

Katy, it's only 7 degrees up here (as of 2 pm) and cloudy. A typical winter's day, with a bit of wind, which makes everything feel colder. Yesterday while picking up my organic sugar, I discovered that the Katoomba Coles sold two different types of organic Lavazza coffee, so I bought both and tried one of them out this morning. Pretty good, but a bit more expensive. Will try the other tomorrow morning! The joys of lockdown . . .

Hope everyone else is well.

Above is one of my regular back deck visitors . . . waiting for leftover cat food . . .
Jul 23rd, 2021, 5:12 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Jul 23rd, 2021, 8:16 am
HELLO ALL
PJ AWESOME PIC of our kookaburra my he is growing up fast.
Kathy had a nice home day we just went to our local supermarket snowy and i stayed in the car and sent mum out to forage for us. we were out for about 45 minutes she picked up our regular weekly bread order and some other essentials she came back with mortadella and salami and ham i guess we are having sandwiches for a while ;-)
to everyone else i may have missed be safe and god bless and be with you all.
time for coffee oh she got some nice fresh cinnamon doughnuts!
WOLF OUT!
Jul 23rd, 2021, 8:16 am

Jul 23rd, 2021, 1:21 pm

matina, good to hear what you did today. I was out very briefly, to pick up a package at the post office again. Very quiet around here. Here's our sunset view. Good night!
Jul 23rd, 2021, 1:21 pm

Jul 24th, 2021, 2:34 am
Hi everyone

Matina the hair situation is getting critical I look like a poofy puppy at the moment :lol:
I'm glad to hear your relaxing and the donut toast was awesome :? :lol:

Pj I'm making pumpkin soup today it's the weather for it, we bought a bread maker ages ago im going to give it a go it does all the work for you with just a push of the button :D hopefully I can't muck it up but you never know with me :lol: 14c here 2c this morning :D I hope you and the girls are doing ok :) take care everyone :D
Jul 24th, 2021, 2:34 am
Jul 24th, 2021, 4:31 am

matina, I wondered where all my cockies went when the front deck seeds ran out. Then I saw the above scene when I was last in Katoomba! Out of sight in this shot is a guy with a big bag of 'wild bird seeds' (like I buy) throwing handfuls out into the middle of the patio. How are you doing today? Feeling better? Hope to hear from you.

Katy, what a great post! Fluffy little dog, delicious-sounding bread, and pumpkin soup! Yes, this is the day for the latter. Blowing a gale up here right now, though nice and sunny. Temperature has shot up to 6 degrees now but I suspect that the 'wind chill' is pretty low. I think it was near freezing overnight. Let us know how the bread making turns out. Sounds like a very good idea. I'm still getting my 'Pure Life' brand spouted bread at the local health food shop. It's sold refrigerated, so I keep it in my fridge. I like the 'Essene' type best but they have 'Ezekiel' and 'Spelt' varieties too. Supposedly, it's made from recipes found in the Bible. I never actually checked it out, though.

Diva, Fatima, Alessa . . . hope you'll all have good weekends. Check in when you can.

Moonrise over Leura the other evening . . .
Jul 24th, 2021, 4:31 am

Jul 24th, 2021, 4:40 am
Jul 24th, 2021, 4:40 am

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Jul 24th, 2021, 5:24 am
Hi, all!

Typhoon In-Fa skirted us and moved NE towards Japan, so we didn’t get hit by it. We did get tons of torrential rain starting Thursday and it’s still ongoing. The weather is cooler and I’m just using my fan right now.

My arm is better. It doesn’t hurt anymore, but the rash is still visible and it’s pretty itchy. I’ve already taken some Allegra and put on hydrocortisone ointment. The rash does look a bit smaller, so I’m hoping it’ll be gone by next week.

Kathy, how did the bread making go? I had a uni friend who bought one of those and made interesting mixed breads with it. Soup sounds great, but it’s still too warm for our current weather. Hope you enjoyed yours.
Matina, I also throw down my devices when they don’t work. Unfortunately that never works for me :lol:
Pjm, the pic of the moon looks really nice. My moon pics usually come out too dim. How are the fuzzies?

Have a great weekend!

Jul 24th, 2021, 5:24 am
Jul 24th, 2021, 5:46 am

Diva, here's a photo of one of the types of 'Pure Life' sprouted bread that I like best. However, I've discovered that the same company also produces what's called 'Khorasan Bread' . . . another type of sprouted bread based on the ancient wheat-like grain from Iraq. (I guess they grow it here in Australia.) So I might see if I can try that out. Never heard of it before . . .

Alessa, such good news about your poor arm! I thought this might happen after a few days. I gather any kind of vaccine can cause this kind of reaction, and of course everyone is different. And so glad that In-Fa missed you! I know you live right in the path of the Pacific typhoons. Brisbane is about as far south as south Pacific cyclones can travel, so we don't have them in the Sydney area. That said, we're supposed to be getting 90 kph winds here over the weekend. Yes, most of my own moon photos don't come out well, so I was very pleased with that one.
Jul 24th, 2021, 5:46 am

Post rewarded by pjmpjm on Jul 24th, 2021, 5:47 am.

Jul 24th, 2021, 6:07 am
Khorasan Bread made out of ancient wheat which is called as Khorasan/Kamut Wheat more commonly, we grow the same here as well, lemme know how you find it…

Sprouts are again in fashion in the western world but over here we eat lot of germinated grains like mung bean or black chickpeas and few other things I germinate and add it to my Dosa batter too I prefer to make it multigrain rather than single type

I googled and found something interesting about your sprouted bread

Ezekiel 4:9

And you, take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and spelt; put them into one vessel, and make bread for yourself. During the number of days that you lie on your side, three hundred ninety days, you shall eat it.

My Kitty says Hello :wave:

Jul 24th, 2021, 6:07 am

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Jul 24th, 2021, 7:13 am

Diva, thanks for all that information. An Australian company makes Essene, Ezekiel, Khorasan, Spelt and other sprouted bread up in northern NSW, near the Queensland border. They've been in business for more than 30 years but I only found out about them through my local health food shop. And thanks for the reference to Ezekiel! I'm totally amazed that there's really a recipe in the Bible. I'm allowed to go shopping for 'essential items' only, but I think bread would definitely fall into that category. If my health food shop doesn't carry, I'm sure that can get it in for me.

And my own fuzzy says hello right back at your kitty . . .
Jul 24th, 2021, 7:13 am

Jul 24th, 2021, 10:04 am
Kitten/fuzzy cuteness overload!!!

I really want a kitty now! :( :( :(

Jul 24th, 2021, 10:04 am
Jul 24th, 2021, 10:07 am

Mr Grumpy says hello from his favourite cardboard box :lol:
Jul 24th, 2021, 10:07 am

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi
Jul 24th, 2021, 10:08 am
Hi, Mr. Grumpy! I see you’re having fun in your fav box :D :lol:

Hi, Fatima! Any plans for this weekend?
Jul 24th, 2021, 10:08 am
Jul 24th, 2021, 10:19 am
HELLO ALL!
we lost power at 12 and it just came on at 6pm i guess it is better than the designated time frame of 10pm. I am getting the things i really need to get done and then get off incase it goes outa gain and fries everything in sight.
I love sprouts but only in stir fries and salads.
Rishi looks gorgeous as usual PJ
Kathy oh i cant wait to get me some of that doughnut flavoured cinnamon burst bread OMG!!!
Alessa good to hear the swelling has gone down use toothpaste it will help with the itchiness
Diva thank you always for contest notifications bless you, oh and if one had to wait 3 hundred and ninety days to eat said bread they would all die of starvation.
FATIMA say hello to Mr Grumpy from us all :D :D cheeky
be safe everyone and god bless you all
WOLF OUT!
Jul 24th, 2021, 10:19 am

Jul 24th, 2021, 10:25 am
Alessa9 wrote:Hi, Fatima! Any plans for this weekend?

Hi Alessa, good to hear the swelling has gone down, Matina is quite right in recommending toothpaste for itchiness. I got an insect bite yesterday at the back of me knee (why do they always find the most vulnerable places? :( ), slathered it in toothpaste and it works :D

Not too much planned for this weekend as I've had a very busy week. Bit of gardening, need to tackle the gigantic courgettes (zuccini) that have become the size of submarines overnight :lol:

Suppose I'll do some cleaning :( eventually :D

How about you?
Jul 24th, 2021, 10:25 am

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi