Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Jul 24th, 2021, 10:40 am
The hydrocortisone ointment is working fine now, so I’m not feeling the itchiness. Toothpaste is also good for burns. Zucchini is yummy. I like it rosted, along with some potatoes and carrots.

I don’t have much for planned for the weekend. All the days seem the same since I’ve been staying home since mid-May. I’m going to start watching the Cdrama Ancient Love Poetry now that the subtitles have come out for the last 3 episodes. There are 49 episodes. I’m also looking forward to a Cdrama that’s starting on Monday called You Are My Glory.
Jul 24th, 2021, 10:40 am
Jul 24th, 2021, 2:04 pm

Good night, everyone!
Jul 24th, 2021, 2:04 pm

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Jul 24th, 2021, 2:15 pm
night PJ, sleep and dream well
Jul 24th, 2021, 2:15 pm

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi
Jul 24th, 2021, 2:53 pm
Hope that everyone is having a great weekend :wave:
Jul 24th, 2021, 2:53 pm
Jul 25th, 2021, 2:19 am
Morning everyone :D

Hello alessa, diva, fatima,Kristina, lovely too see you all :wave: Well my soup turned out yummy, but when hubby went to get a few groceries including the bread mix for the bread maker, the bloody shelves had been raided, the young guy stacking shelves in another aisle says people went nuts yesterday over bread mix ,toilet paper :shock: and that they were waiting on a delivery tonight :shock: so no hot bread grrrrrt :) Matina good your power is back on god it's a nuisance we've had so many outages here, but your so organised with your power packs ,I'd never think of doing that but I will now hugs xo Hi Pj it must be snowing somewhere :? 12c very windy not as bad as what matina experienced yesterday :? ahh traitorous cockatoos cheating on you with another person have they no shame :shock: :lol: So now you know where they all go when not at your buffet :D look after yourself stay safe :D
Jul 25th, 2021, 2:19 am
Jul 25th, 2021, 4:42 am

matina, a few snowflakes are starting to appear! Have been watching for them this morning. 'Snow above 700 metres' forecast and I'm at 960 metres here. Hope there's enough accumulation so that I can get some photos for you. Temperature outside is now 2 degrees, but it's blowing a gale again.

Katy, that's a worry about your supermarket! No doubt it's going to happen up here too. I have lots of supplies on hand, including plenty of toilet paper, but it's always a worry when people start to panic. I wonder if this shortage will affect the online orders too. Anyhow, at least you enjoyed your yummy soup!

And what a scene in Sydney yesterday, with all the big demonstrations! Here in the Blue Mountains, all was very quiet. Was glad to hear this morning that none of the police horses were injured.

Bottom photo shows this morning's wintry sky from my window . . .
Jul 25th, 2021, 4:42 am

Jul 25th, 2021, 7:08 am
HELLO ALL!
we have power we have food and it is the weekend and no mail or phone calls to make concerning government agencies oh this is bliss!!!
yesterday at lunch time we had just sat down to have lunch in our electric recliners with a tv show we were watching when the power went out. after finishing lunch i with great effort managed to get out of mine but having to get mum out of hers proved a huge problem and i think i have tweaked my back. so power came back on at 6pm after having dinner and relaxing most of the evening about 20 minutes before our last episode of what we were watching & before going to bed yeap the power went out again. ;-(
so we had to repeat this procedure again well that did me in! i went out checked the power box tried to let power works know we had no power i was asked to do a safety switch test of course it wouldn't work (no power) but before i could hit the submit button i get a very nice warning from power works that if they come out and find a problem with wiring and switches and it isn't a power outage issue i will be billed $192.50
i came inside & informed mother by the time i did this, i get a text message that it is in fact a power outage they said power would be on by 1030am today by the time we got ready for bed i get another message saying power would be restored by 5am. i went to bed and got up at 2 am to visit the throne room and the power was on the night light in there was working so far so good power wise but my back is killing me. i now have an ottoman with wheels that i use for my feet as i will not be held hostage by my own chair any longer. pain killers and heat and ice packs and rest is just what i need.
time for bed and a drug induced nana nap
kristina is that really you or am i hallucinating from all the pain killers??? missed you please pop in more regular.
Kathy glad the soup turned out. you could have made garlic bread with the pumpkin soup.
PJ I am so loving this cold weather it is just sublime!!! I wish i could see the snow flurries just magical!
be safe everyone and god bless and be with you all!
WOLF OUT!
Jul 25th, 2021, 7:08 am

Jul 25th, 2021, 10:11 am

matina . . . electricity, food, no mail and no government! What could be better? Hope all is continuing well this weekend. We've had lots and lots of wind up here in the mountains and the temperature is only 1.5 degrees now. Fire is going and Sunnya is sitting on her favourite pizza box, right in front of it!
Jul 25th, 2021, 10:11 am

Jul 25th, 2021, 4:12 pm
Jul 25th, 2021, 4:12 pm

sherlockx The Eternal Trickster
Jul 25th, 2021, 4:38 pm
Jul 25th, 2021, 4:38 pm

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi
Jul 26th, 2021, 2:17 am
Hi everyone

Always a pleasure sher, are you enjoying your retirement :? fatima :lol: Morning Pj
yes it's a worry when panic buying sets in I think it started on social media that they were going to shut down supermarkets and only open certain times of day stupid people believed it :shock: my daughter did her shopping at Coles and the shelves were once again full :D no snow here but it sure felt as if it would yesterday, yet it's 20c today gorgeous outside in the sun which I'm enjoying :D i do worry being inside so much :? Matina you've had a time of it :( I hope everything is ok with you and mum now love and hugs to you xo be safe everyone :D
Jul 26th, 2021, 2:17 am
Jul 26th, 2021, 4:37 am

Here's a classic shot of what Persian cats do during lockdowns on cold winter nights . . .

Hi matina . . . hope your weekend was a restful one. No more snow here, although it got quite cold again last night. Was looking forward to sending you some snow shot! Instead, I'm including (below) another one of my icons . . . the 'Inexhautible Cup.'

Katy, yes, I read on the ABC news that someone on social media was saying that supermarkets would be closed. I guess that would do it for the panic buyers! But we all know that last time they stayed open seven days a week and that even the TP rememerged after a while. Sigh. Anyhow, I might have to go over for a couple of essentials tomorrow. Hoping to see everything quiet and the shelves full. Up to 8 degrees here today, but still pretty windy, so it feels colder. Couldn't even think of sitting out in the backyard this morning, but Sunnya seemed to enjoy it.

Hi to sherl and Fatima . . . you both seem to be in good spirits!

Jul 26th, 2021, 4:37 am

Jul 26th, 2021, 5:39 am
Hi, all!

Supermarkets are all open here. Went to one yesterday to get some essentials and ingredients to make cookies. Not sure when I’ll be making them though.

Kathy & pjm, I’ll take your 8C-20C over my 36C any time.

Woke up too early…Need a nap…ZzzZzz
Jul 26th, 2021, 5:39 am
Jul 26th, 2021, 7:19 pm
Hello All
Jul 26th, 2021, 7:19 pm

If you like a book, please buy it to support the author.
If my links are dead, please use the REUPLOAD BUTTON [No posting in topics!]
Click THANKS if you like my releases

Jul 27th, 2021, 2:10 am
HELLO ALL!
WELL I AM AWAY FOR A DAY AN WHOOHOO!!!
FATIMA came to say hello
Dreamy came to say hello
KRISTINA FREEZME came to say hello we miss you all
and OMG! :o :shock: SHERLOCKX CAME to say hello in his oh so special way :? of showing us what not to do with our retirements ei what not to drink and smoke whilst in retirement, :lol: oh and to waste away 13.08 minutes of our lives (as only he can) which we wont ever get back again. :lol: :shock: screwing with everyone's eyes and new lenses PJ you may need to go recheck them now;-) :D :D :lol: oh and well OMG OUR EARS OH OUR POOR EARS!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
KATHY & PJ this is our last day in lockdown cant wait to go out and get our favorite Chinese food and visit a few friends. had both my uncle and auntie went into hospital and come out of hospital during the lockdown so i must go and see how they are tomorrow. we missed out on our weekly outing to the pub. so we may make an extra trip this week. :D :D
so time to listen to some music do a few word search puzzles and relax before tomorrow starts as the rest of the week is going to be busy. :? :(
I may need to disappear a few more days and see who else pops in :lol:
PJ that is a gorgeous icon indeed :D :D
be safe everyone and may god bless and be with you all
WOLF OUT!Image
Jul 27th, 2021, 2:10 am