Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Jan 19th, 2021, 3:31 am

Severe shortage of birds of all kinds . . . rosellas show up sporadically, a couple of pinhead pigeons make a daily pitstop, but the cockies are few and far between. Maybe half a dozen just before sunset. This rosella was one of the faithful ones yesterday.

matina, how is your shoulder going? Is today your chiro day? Check in when you can.

Katy, yes, coolish up here too, and cloudy. Temperature is only about 18 degrees. My Woolies order will arrive after 2 pm today. I often have a nice delivery man from Lithgow wearing a purple turban! Whenever I meet a Sikh I usually mention that I stay overnight in the guest house of the Golden Temple in Amritsar . . . way back in 1972!

Hi to all the gang, with special greetings to Alessa . . .

Bye for now . . .
Jan 19th, 2021, 3:31 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Jan 19th, 2021, 8:01 am
hello all!
PJ your granddaughter looks awesome on that horse very official indeed. Yes PJ chiro was today as so was physio i really got the works today and feeling super sore but i have more range of movement and less pain physio told me i will get some bruising from the pressure points some that were under the armpit had me hitting the roof from the pain but (pain now gain later) he told me to ice it and take advil and pain relief at regular intervals resting and he showed me some peck stretching exercises so Ive got lots to keep me occupied for the week and a bit of hot weather coming.
Image :( :( :( :(
http://www.bom.gov.au/sa/forecasts/adelaide.shtml?ref=hdr

we got home at 3.30 and i crashed for a nana nap for 30 minutes.
Kathy i will not say no to a nice shoulder massage. time for a cup of tea and to think on what to have for dinner :? :? :? have no clue.
i hope everyone else is doing fine and Fatima still waiting on the fury balls of cuteness.
Alessa i hope you are improving and resting and at least comfortable as you can be. gentle hugs to you. xxoo
Diva thank you for contest notifications.
hello to all the other regulars be safe and pop in when you can love to hear form you.
God bless you all
WOLF OUT!
Jan 19th, 2021, 8:01 am

Jan 19th, 2021, 11:55 am

matina, looks like you have some hot weather on the way. Not even 10 pm here in the mountains and the temperature is already down to 9 degrees. Has been a coolish, sunny day and I took the above photo from my front deck, while waiting for cockatoos. (Two pair finally showed up at 6 pm.) Glad to hear that the chiro and physio helped. I'm still doing the breathing exercises my physio taught me, while I was getting over pneumonia in 2019. Anyway, trust that you'll soon be feeling better and better.

Alessa, still sending you get well soon wishes.

Good night, everyone!
Jan 19th, 2021, 11:55 am

Jan 20th, 2021, 1:27 am
Hello everyone :D

Good morning Pj you know I've noticed the local birds around here are very scarce lately, the cockatoos usually sit in the large gum tree behind our house and leave presents all over my fences :lol: maybe the upcoming heat drives them away :? 24c today cooler and a little rain just nice :D I hope your ok and the girls as well :D matina your weather chart is as bad as ours :( :( you've been put thru the wringer with the chiro and physio :shock: I pray some of it helps you mwah alessa your in my thoughts :? Diva xo :)
Jan 20th, 2021, 1:27 am
Jan 20th, 2021, 5:03 am

10-12 cockies back this morning . . . not nearly as many as usual, but lots more than over this past week.

matina, hope you had a restful sleep and feel better today. My niece just e-mailed and suggested that I ring my brother tonight, while he's in his chemotherapy chair for 4-6 hours. 1 am is apparently the best time!

Katy, light rain here overnight, so I don't have to worry about watering after all! Was down to 9 degrees just before sunrise and now at 2 pm still only 14 degrees. It's now stopped raining, but it was much too chilly for me to sit out in my backyard this morning. So I'm just sitting here in my reclining chair, laptop on lap, watching cockatoos and watching Sunnya watching cockatoos. And I'm waiting to see if my favourite 'pinhead' pigeons show up. Oh, look! A lone rosella just appeared as well! I do enjoy watching them all and I have a nice, filtered view of the Jamison Valley in the far distance. Yesterday the Woolworths Indian delivery man from Blaxland dropped and smashed one of my fruit juice bottles in my driveway, but I found out that I could claim a $5.85 refund in just a minute or two by using the nifty Woolworths Online chat function. Money arrived back in my PayPal account in 5 minutes! Also enjoyed a little chat with my delivery man, and found out where he was from in India. Anyhow, hope you have a peaceful afternoon.

More 'get well soon' wishes going out to Alessa . . .

Hi to all the CC&BC gang . . .

Jan 20th, 2021, 5:03 am

Jan 20th, 2021, 8:38 am
HELLO ALL
Its been busy here roasting a leg of lamb and a bolar beef roast as heatwave conditions meant we can have sandwiches or some meat with salad too hot to cook i also made a big pot of tomato soup to have a light supper too. So all my chiro and physio relief was thrown out he window with all the chopping peeling stiring etc
PJ i hope you have a nice call with your brother and i hope he has some good news prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
Kathy yes hot hot hot i am so not happy feet are Fugu and in pain inflammation isn't helping matters at all. i hope you and family are well and keeping as cool as you can.
hello to all the regulars please check in Fatima still waiting on the puppy pics PLEASE!!!!
DIVA thank you for contest notifications
Alessa be safe thinking of you god bless and be with you.
WOLF OUT!!
Jan 20th, 2021, 8:38 am

Jan 20th, 2021, 8:46 am
Don't hold your breath Matina - walkies cancelled on Monday, not looking good for today or Friday - rain forecast :(

aha found a photo of the last lot of pups we had in, they've all been adopted now but they were very naughty and totally gorgeous

that's me bending over to stroke the pups or possibly to break up a fight :lol:
Jan 20th, 2021, 8:46 am

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi
Jan 21st, 2021, 1:29 am

brace yourselves Aussies here comes 40 + c in the next few day's :( :( matina :lol: wouldn't it be nice if we could sit on top of the ac well if we could actually get up there would be nice :lol: yep stay in we've got our meals sorted for the next few days as well no cooking for us :D hey fatima aw puppies i couldn't leave babies there id want to take them all home i don't know how you do it :( Hi Pj i see that intimidating cockatoo is back looking in your window I still say he's evil :twisted: it's nice to hear woollies refunded you without any fuss :? you usually have to give blood to get anything back these days :D look after yourself and the girls today tho you don't get as hot up in the mountains :D alessa love and healing prayers to you xo
Jan 21st, 2021, 1:29 am
Jan 21st, 2021, 4:07 am

matina, was up fairly late last night, with a phone call with my brother starting at 1:15 am. He was sitting in his usual chemo chair at the cancer center next to the hospital, waiting to be hooked up. His wife was there at the same time. We had a good chat about old times. Due to new covid restrictions, his daughter wasn't allowed to enter the clinic. Could have stayed up really late and watched the inauguration, but decided I wasn't that interested. All OK here in the mountains.

Katy, up to 23 already today and, as you say, due to get much hotter over the next few days. But it's never as bad here as down your way. No need for the AC yet, but I'll probably have it on later this afternoon. Visitors Friday so I'll have to do a bit of cleaning up. Only two cockies showed up this morning and seemed to show no interest in watching me doing my thing two meters away.

Fatima, nice photo!

E-mails and phone calls and so forth to catch up on, so will say bye for now . . .

Jan 21st, 2021, 4:07 am

Jan 21st, 2021, 4:21 am
HELLO ALL!
Fatima nice picture next time close up of the furry ones please and i don't mind seeing them in their cages i just want to see cute faces :lol: :lol: :lol:
PJ nice to hear you had a nice long conversation with family. It breaks my heart that you cant go and visit them :( :(
Kathy yeap im with you.
HOT here too.
WOLF OUT!
Jan 21st, 2021, 4:21 am

Jan 21st, 2021, 7:34 am
puppies!

These are Louna's pups. She came in pregnant and had 9 pups. Her sister, Venus, came in with her and had 6 pups. All pups have been adopted and we just have Venus still with us.
Jan 21st, 2021, 7:34 am

Jan 21st, 2021, 11:52 am

matina, all well here. Had a few cockies finally show up around 4 pm . . . wonder what's going on . . .

Fatima, love the puppy photos!

It was down to 8 degrees here in the mountains last night, and might also be cool again tonight . . . before the hot spell begins!

Good night, everybody!
Jan 21st, 2021, 11:52 am

Jan 21st, 2021, 12:53 pm
PUPPIES OH MY GOD HOW CUTE!!! So GORGEOUS!##
Send them all to me!! Is venus the last one?? Oh my lord what a sweetheart!!
I know i will be dreaming about them all tonight. I dont know how you dont bring them all home i would.
Goodnight all
WOLF OUT!!
Jan 21st, 2021, 12:53 pm

Jan 21st, 2021, 2:49 pm
No Venus is the mum, she's very lovely but is terrified of going outside - she's been improving on walks but still needs loads of reassurance.

I've been pondering Kathy's question, "How can I do what I do?"

Firstly, because I can't sit on my butt and not do anything. I can't see cruelty, ignorance and abuse without doing something.

Secondly, we really do make a huge difference to the dogs - they get walked, instead of being stuck in a kennel 24/7. They have training on how to walk on a lead, they have cuddles, they get reassurance that not all humans are shits like their ex-owners, they get treats, they learn how to sit and generally get used to the kindness of humans which makes them ready to be adopted.

We had a dog in 18 months ago called Tango. When I first met Tango he was a snarling ball of fury and terror and I know given the chance he'd chew me up and spit me out.

One of the full-time trainers took time to get him used to human contact by hand feeding him for 6 weeks, then he was handed to me. Have to say I was little bit worried as he was so terrified (and terrified me) the first time we met.

Regardless, I walked him, I didn't ask anything of him except to allow him to be a dog. Couple of weeks on he started sniffing my leg, a good sign. So I started to get to know him, teach him to take a treat, sniff my hand, still no pressure and lots of patience. Four weeks on he was talking a treat, he let me stroke him and cuddle him - 8 weeks along the line he was adopted - one of the happiest (and saddest) days of my life. Sometimes it's hard to let them go out in the big world.

We all know they're going to disappear from our lives but it doesn't stop us loving each and every one - so it's sweet (and sad) when they leave. Then you get given your next dog to work with and the circle continues.

Why don't I take them all home? Well - you're going to be shocked by this - Mr Fats doesn't like dogs, he's never had a dog so doesn't realise what fun they are. And if I took all the dogs I fell in love with home I wouldn't have time or energy to work with the abandoned, neglected and abused dogs.

And the most important thing is, it's fun, you get to see your friends and have a laugh, you get to walk gorgeous dogs, and you get to play with puppies. What's not to love? :lol:
Jan 21st, 2021, 2:49 pm

Jan 22nd, 2021, 1:41 am
Morning :D

Matina the grankids are at the water park today , me im happy to stay in the ac 37c to 39c today :( :(
Aw fatima puppies how adorable, you just want to boop n smooch their little face's :lol: Hi Pj I think the cockies are staying out of the heat somewhere, but if they're hungry enough im sure they'll be tapping at your window for food :) we're just staying cool and relaxing today no children to run after :) hello to all our regulars i hope you are all ok and staying safe god bless :D diva mwah :D
Jan 22nd, 2021, 1:41 am