Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Feb 6th, 2020, 2:03 pm
I did! But thank you for the links, will keep an eye for new rounds.
Feb 6th, 2020, 2:03 pm
Feb 9th, 2020, 9:01 pm
for all our wonderful Volunteers..thank you again for all you do, however, for those of you that have forgotten a simple thing, may we reiterate this:

This is CLEARLY stated in all our rewarding posts:
- Please mention in your donation posts the reason for rewarding

players like to know what they are being rewarded for and they shouldn't have to guess, please make sure your reward posts clearly state what contest they are receiving rewards for.
Feb 9th, 2020, 9:01 pm
Feb 13th, 2020, 8:19 pm
canmus wrote:Sorry, perhaps I just don’t know how to play this game but it boggles the mind how the top answers to the previous “What do you see in this picture” weren’t ....Laptop, glasses, blanket and candle; all objects that are blatantly visible.

I’m really having a difficult time seeing a binge, nor do I see anything streaming and I still can’t see cozy.
These are all intangible objects that one simply cannot see. We might as well include Friday, Internet, alone, happy, sleepy, boredom, pizza-night...

Answers seem to be based on a subjective stream of consciousness that I’m still trying to figure out.

Sorry, way back when, this game used to be loads of fun. But now makes little sense.

anna1561 wrote:I think both objectively and subjectively, as do we all. Needless to say, words that cross one's mind can be objects and feelings.

I'm going to post my reply to the discussions thread, because it's more appropriate to have an open discussion here then answering in the contest thread.

@Canmus
The contest is named “What do you see in this picture”
The title implies you should be guessing what YOU see.

However, if you want to win WRZ$, you need to guess what the contest manager/assistant sees in the picture.
Thus having a matching entry depends on how well you know the person, and how well you can guess what THEY see in the picture.

Despite the contest title including "YOU" in the title, it really should be "I".
Does that help it make more sense?

The contest itself is a variant of "read my mind".
Contests with that theme require a bit of familiarity and personal acqiaintance with the person running the contest, otherwise you're just guessing blindly and hoping you think along the same lines as the contest manager/assistant.

As Anna said, you can guess non tangible things too - like emotions, feelings or even advertising slogans.
For example, I saw "Netflix" on the screen so I might reply "Chill", from the popular reply to how I spent my freetime: "Netflix and Chill" . Chill as a temprature is also related to the blanket/throw in the photo.

Even with guessing only objects, you are still dependant on familiarity with the person.
For example, where you said "laptop" I would have said "MacBook".

I hope that explains a little better.
Feb 13th, 2020, 8:19 pm
Feb 13th, 2020, 9:17 pm
@Canmus :D

I usually don’t look back what are the “correct” answers in “What do you see in this picture?”. I tend to guess what I see in the picture, this way it is more fun for me.

If I don’t receive any rewards after the contest is closed, it simply means that my guess doesn’t match with the mobs’ answers. And everyone has different perspectives when interpreting something. And there is no right or wrong about those interpretations.

Perhaps when you interpret the contest title, you think that “see” must be related to something which are tangible, because intangible things cannot be “seen”. And when you see the answers relating to feelings, it make no sense to you.

My guesses will include tangible and intangible things, it’s because I’ve checked the previous “correct” answers when I was first playing this game. That way help me understand that if I want to match my guesses with the mobs’ answers and win, I need to include intangible things too.

But obviously it didn’t help me win this contest more often :lol: sometimes I just want to write down what make me feel / what catch my eyes in the picture, regardless of the “common sense”.
Feb 13th, 2020, 9:17 pm
Feb 15th, 2020, 6:22 am
I might be a little ot but under user groups there's one status "Major eBook Contributor" - how does someone gets it?
Feb 15th, 2020, 6:22 am

Bibliotheca Alexandrina - December 2022 Update is out!

a collection of almost 800 GB of history books !

~~~~~

Add an Overdrive/Scribd link to the book in your request, improves the chances to fill it
Feb 16th, 2020, 2:23 am
NeverWinter wrote:I might be a little ot but under user groups there's one status "Major eBook Contributor" - how does someone gets it?

Check out the eBook Help Desk here: viewtopic.php?p=1917960#1917960
If your question hasn't already been answered in the topics listed, you can post it there and one of the eBook mods will gladly help you out.
Feb 16th, 2020, 2:23 am

Image@anna1561_mobi Image #contests
Feb 21st, 2020, 5:26 am
I've colored many of my worries away thanks to the wonderful Colour Me Happy contest. From choosing the image, to picking the colors to the actual coloring...the entire process has been such great fun! :D

While I've used Paint and other online coloring tools, there's nothing quite like coloring or painting by hand. True there's no magic erase button and once you've started with a color there's no going back :lol: but trust me, the satisfaction you get from coloring by hand is unparalleled.

So in that spirit, starting next round of Colour Me Happy, I will be offering a 100 WRZ$ bonus to anyone who colors their image(s) by hand. Keep an eye out for a note about it when the new round starts.

Just try it, you won't regret it. :angel:
Feb 21st, 2020, 5:26 am

Image@anna1561_mobi Image #contests
Feb 24th, 2020, 10:22 am
Hello everyone!

I don't use these forums a lot, but I'm short on coins and I need to earn a few. Will you tell me the easiest way to get them?
Thanks...
Feb 24th, 2020, 10:22 am
Mar 13th, 2020, 8:56 am
Lately I can not play anymore in several contests I used to play in because they seem to be now in a different timezone. I understand that this can happen, mobi being dependent on those great contest managers, but still it is a pity. Not much growth of my WRZ$ anymore :o
Mar 13th, 2020, 8:56 am
Mar 13th, 2020, 12:33 pm
The saving time change in US/Canada has created a 1 hour gap. It'll go back to normal when EU changes it the last weekend of March.
Mar 13th, 2020, 12:33 pm

Mar 13th, 2020, 1:07 pm
That helps a bit I am sure, but several contests now start in what, in my place, is nighttime so that one hour will not help much I am afraid.
Mar 13th, 2020, 1:07 pm
Mar 13th, 2020, 2:24 pm
Honestly , i haven't really noticed the change and i'm here almost all the time :lol: But i guess that it does affect some people :?
Mar 13th, 2020, 2:24 pm
Mar 13th, 2020, 2:52 pm
That change has happened several times over the years. Sometimes because the mods change, others because the holidays or just because we are all humans. But you adapt and survive.
Be strong, people.
Mar 13th, 2020, 2:52 pm