Discuss Android devices here.
Dec 18th, 2011, 12:14 am
Hi all,

Had my Xoom for a few weeks now (not rooted), it's on the latest 3.2 Android plus some critical update tonight(?) which didn't fix things.

Whenever I try and download a file (tried with .apks from filesonic, even .jpeg attachments from hotmail), I either get 'Download Unsuccessful' or 'Download Complete' and the file size is either 8, 16 or similar bytes. :/ Annoying thing is it used to work a while ago but now always fails.

I've tried installing Dolphin, Opera, Download All, clearing internet cache, power+vol reset, the 'allow browser to download files' setting on ES file ecplorer etc. but to no avail. :( Is this a recognised issue on Xoom or android? How can I fix it, I just want to download files on my tablet/roof slate again . :(

Many thanks :)

rl4eng
Dec 18th, 2011, 12:14 am
Dec 29th, 2011, 11:28 am
lots of other xoom users having download issues since 3.2 update. This fix is to set your xoom up with a static ip instead of dhcp
Dec 29th, 2011, 11:28 am
Apr 22nd, 2012, 10:42 pm
opera MOBILE should be able to download completely . End than us ES File Explorer . It can open .zip .rar and many others . Opera MINI is worthless peace of junk . so use MOBILE .
Apr 22nd, 2012, 10:42 pm

Some times you have a bad day , some times you have good day . This is ONE of them .
May 3rd, 2012, 4:34 pm
why dont try to upgrade to ICS/ Eos rom...
May 3rd, 2012, 4:34 pm

Tablet 10": Motorola Xoom
Tablet 7": ViewPad E72
Phone: S. Galaxy SII
Watch: Motorola MotoActv
Player: Ipod Touch 4 Gen
May 11th, 2012, 12:53 pm
budalica wrote:opera MOBILE should be able to download completely . End than us ES File Explorer . It can open .zip .rar and many others . Opera MINI is worthless peace of junk . so use MOBILE .

So that's what was the probem. I tried to download it with mini. Need to replace it. Think that android applications developers should do something about it.
May 11th, 2012, 12:53 pm