Jun 12th, 2019, 2:47 pm
asprin624 wrote:Seeing that this app was made for the South American market and Toyota.

If you have the correct radio on your Toyota Car you can mirror it to the radio screen.

This can not be done with TomTomGO.

Some Nissan radios work also but you have to test.

Hi Asprin ;)
Nice to see you here :)

Thanks for informations !
Jun 12th, 2019, 2:47 pm

https://uploadrar.com/ is best of links to download from here, works everytime & way less hassle......thank you to all modders who use it
Jun 12th, 2019, 7:59 pm
Has anyone tested with Android auto ?
Could be the AA compatible version
Jun 12th, 2019, 7:59 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Jun 13th, 2019, 9:34 am
@wapvirus,

Here is a list of what apps work with android auto

Which apps can I use on Android Auto?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_3001303_android_auto_all

I have yet to see any 3rd party GPS work with Google's android auto.

Much less any of the the TomTom GPS apps.

But you should know that by now......... :roll:
Jun 13th, 2019, 9:34 am

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." Winston Churchill
Jun 13th, 2019, 3:52 pm
Only sygic special version that works with head unit and AA but I would have thought TomTom would have participated by now that's why I asked ,also until AA supports sat nav I keep it disabled on my system and if I had of known if this was not supported do you think I would have asked :roll:

https://www.sygic.com/car-connected-navigation
Jun 13th, 2019, 3:52 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Jun 13th, 2019, 4:00 pm
SygicInCar only works with Sygic Car Navigation on SYNC®3 AppLink

Compatible car manufacturers:

- FORD
- Jaguar
- Land Rover
- Honda
- VolksWagen
- Seat
- Peugeot
- Citroen
- Skoda
- Suzuki

I quote Sygic:

"We are still waiting for Google to open it's Android Auto for third-party navigation developers. We'd love to launch Android Auto support as quickly as possible after Google opens it for us. Android Auto only supports Google Maps and Waze which both need an internet connection to work properly so it might be inconvenient when are driving through rural areas with a poor internet connection."
Jun 13th, 2019, 4:00 pm

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." Winston Churchill
Jun 14th, 2019, 5:48 am
There is a tool 'AA-Mirror' which alows you to use (almost) ALL apps with Android Auto.
I am using it for TomTom as well as for Sygic.
You can find out more about 'AA-Mirror' from XDA-Developers, but it's a little tricky to set up ...
Jun 14th, 2019, 5:48 am
Jun 14th, 2019, 8:32 am
Dutch company TomTom today announced that it has significantly revamped its iPhone navigation app with several new features, including customizable offline maps with weekly updates, lane guidance, and CarPlay support. The app has also been renamed from TomTom GO Mobile to TomTom GO Navigation
The offline maps are available on an à-la-carte basis, meaning that users can download maps only for the regions they need to save storage space. TomTom says the maps will automatically receive weekly updates to help users avoid newly blocked lanes, active road construction, and other traffic delays.

CarPlay support enables users to access the TomTom app from their dashboard display in vehicles equipped with Apple's software platform, complete with new lane guidance functionality that helps users avoid missing turns and last-second merges by zooming in on their lane as they approach an intersection or exit.
Unfortunately, the iPhone app's route bar is not available on CarPlay at this time:
TomTom GO Navigation also provides point-of-interest search, real-time traffic conditions, speed camera alerts, and other services.

TomTom GO Navigation is available in the App Store and is expected to launch on Android later this year.
Jun 14th, 2019, 8:32 am
Jun 14th, 2019, 2:41 pm
mictiemix wrote:There is a tool 'AA-Mirror' which alows you to use (almost) ALL apps with Android Auto.
You can find out more about 'AA-Mirror' from XDA-Developers, but it's a little tricky to set up ...

For the user's that might want to try this on TomTom please spell out how you installed the app or apps to make it work.

Screen shots of it working would be nice.

Any problems that you ran across would also be helpful too.

What version of Android it works on too.......

Also links to the "AA-Mirror' would be very helpful.
Jun 14th, 2019, 2:41 pm

Jun 15th, 2019, 1:18 pm
asprin624 wrote:
mictiemix wrote:There is a tool 'AA-Mirror' which alows you to use (almost) ALL apps with Android Auto.

For the user's that might want to try this on TomTom please spell out how you installed the app or apps to make it work.
Screen shots of it working would be nice.
Any problems that you ran across would also be helpful too.
What version of Android it works on too.......
Also links to the "AA-Mirror' would be very helpful.

Here is the URL https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto/android-auto-general/mirror-screen-android-auto-disucssion-t3734180

There is no point in extracting and compiling the info from there to answer your question, but those who are interested will find all the info there.
And as mentioned the setup is tricky, requires a few tools and the device needs to be rooted ...

People over there are very supportive, and if you run into problems you will find the answers first by reading, and second by asking ....
Jun 15th, 2019, 1:18 pm
Jun 16th, 2019, 2:34 pm
@mictiemix,

Would it not be in the interest of this forum to point out the steps you did to get it to work????

Yes user's can read all about it and then try to install it.

But seeing that you have done some of the work already and the fact you have not even spelled out anything.

Example:

Android version on your smartphone
The smartphone you set this up on.
Some screen shots
What car radio you have this working on.

etc, etc

Which lead me to believe you do not have it working at all.

Most user's here are very willing to pass on tips and trick to get any app to work.

I myself have pointed out many time in this forum and other forums details how to to help other user's get apps to work.....

PS:
I have read the complete forum info on this app.......

So if you have it working then spell out the steps you took to make it work.......

That would be very helpful as you know this is a forum to help user's......
Jun 16th, 2019, 2:34 pm