Jan 14th, 2015, 3:29 pm
Bit of a noob question. I had a very old Navigo satnav for years with an SD card which I'd put TomTom on ages ago (with europe maps and Northern USA maps).
Now... this old-faithful got stolen recently... (not very happy about that)... so I'm shopping round for a new TomTom.
Can anyone recommend a model? Is there any model that's easier / more compatible to put the map releases on? Are the newer models more secure (do they block you from adding map releases?). Also, should I be looking for a model with an SD card slot?
Jan 14th, 2015, 3:29 pm
Jan 18th, 2015, 6:18 pm
all the devices with navcore 10 and up are protected by tomtom ( models from 2010 and up).
You should be safe with navcore 9.5 and down (older devices)
There are new devices going for 150 euro's and include lifetime map updates, but camera's are not free and are impossible to put on the new devices.
Jan 18th, 2015, 6:18 pm
Jan 18th, 2015, 10:22 pm
I thought something like that with the newer models. I was looking at the models including "lifetime map updates" but I go travelling a fair bit and need many maps which are going to cost me (unless they do 'world maps... everything with lifetime free updates... lol). I am VERY impressed with Sygic on my android phone though. Downloaded last week and it's been doing great. Lovely interface and details and very easy menus. After all these years I might ditch TomTom completely.
Jan 18th, 2015, 10:22 pm