Mar 1st, 2010, 7:57 pm
iGO Primo - new navigation solution by NNG at CeBIT 2010

Image Image
Image Image

In anticipation of CeBIT 2010, Nav N Go announces the launch of iGO primo. This product enables OEM partners to provide a rich and innovative feature set to discerning customers who seek the utmost in quality.

iGO primo is built on the same concept of simplicity and an intuitive user interface that was introduced with iGO amigo in 2009. The latest product now adds over 30 new features and hundreds of enhancements to the iGO My way engine without compromising the simplicity of the innovative user interface.

The new flagship in Nav N Go’s navigation product line guarantees solutions tailored to the needs of OEM partners by providing each with unique Graphical User Interfaces (GUI). Optional features such as truck and fleet navigation further meet the increasing demands of GPS device manufacturers. Among its many innovations, iGO primo introduces Driver Alerts that increase safety by providing advance display of warning traffic signs and realistic junction views. In addition, the new high definition terrain visualization dramatically enhances the rendering of distant terrain.

“We have integrated five years of knowledge gathered from working with our OEM partners in the navigation sector into one sophisticated and feature-rich product that is able to fulfill every manufacturer’s market needs,” says Tamás Vahl, Chief Executive Officer at Nav N Go. “iGO primo, the peak in our product portfolio, will enable our partners to compete and win in the competitive navigation market.”

As with previous Nav N Go products, the freshest maps are guaranteed directly to the end-user through the naviextras.com map update portal. iGO primo also features the brand-new Smart Route calculation for optimal routes depending on the time of day and day of the week, using either historic Speed Profiles from Tele Atlas or Traffic Patterns from Navteq.

Source: http://igomyway.com/primo/index.php
Mar 1st, 2010, 7:57 pm
Mar 1st, 2010, 8:08 pm
Now this is very promising news, can't wait for its release :)
Mar 1st, 2010, 8:08 pm
Mar 1st, 2010, 9:00 pm
These features we have met in several other releases that can be found here on the forum.
Now brought together in a new product called Primo. Wonder what more is hidden "under the hood".
Thanks for the update. Will this be the new mobile version or only for PNA as stated by nng global
in their twitter.

Cheers

ps: love the building outline. Tried so many times to get that working in igo8.

EDIT: now I got building outlines in igo8 too. The trick is newer .3dc file.
For Netherlands that is Netherlands_2009_01_16.3dc
Mar 1st, 2010, 9:00 pm

The current laws of physics are like half the alphabet.
Nice words can be made but we are missing the story.
Mar 1st, 2010, 9:48 pm
Looks like Amigo... :shock: ...

but my greatest hope is: Primo will be not such a castrated version just like Amigo! :roll:

frieda
Mar 1st, 2010, 9:48 pm
Mar 2nd, 2010, 12:02 am
That version will hold for pda windows mobile 5 as are the menus jetmouse thanks for the info.
Mar 2nd, 2010, 12:02 am
Mar 2nd, 2010, 12:03 pm
Looks like we will end up with 3 Igo's now.

Looks nice.

Oscoz
Mar 2nd, 2010, 12:03 pm
Mar 2nd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Unfortunately seems to be a further development of AMIGO..

Larry
Mar 2nd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Mar 2nd, 2010, 12:36 pm
Simplified till extinction of iGo8…
Mar 2nd, 2010, 12:36 pm

ASUS MyPal A632N with Windows Mobile 6 | miniSD Card 2GB | SDHC Card 16GB Class 6
Mar 2nd, 2010, 5:00 pm
Some basic features(except the others we know from iGo8.3 and Amigo):

And some additional features(all based on a licence, maybe like addon license):

Mar 2nd, 2010, 5:00 pm

Enjoy,
Mar 3rd, 2010, 1:28 am
Squirrel wrote:Simplified till extinction of iGo8…

Unfortunately seems to be a further development of AMIGO..

Larry

Looks like Amigo... ...

but my greatest hope is: Primo will be not such a castrated version just like Amigo!

yours not true! it will be with like amigo feeling, but will more sharper, more useful and more versatile!
see diimap's post! or this: http://pdaplus.hu/content/view/4643/1/

I'm glad, finally something new for PNA! go go Primo! ;)
Mar 3rd, 2010, 1:28 am

Mar 3rd, 2010, 1:53 am
I like the configurable quick menu.

In general all the igo8 technology is swept together and presented in
an amigo style UI. Nothing bad in my book.

About trucking it states it supports both navteq and teleatlas maps.
Have not seen any TA with trucking info though.

Cheers
Mar 3rd, 2010, 1:53 am

Mar 3rd, 2010, 4:47 pm

Version 8.5.9.130045 (thanks 4pda)
Mar 3rd, 2010, 4:47 pm