Apr 24th, 2010, 3:15 am
fadytabar wrote:
xpemedo wrote:excuse me can sumbody help me wit instruction on how to install dis one?i download it already but i cant find the installer file..

Hi,

There no installer file. Just copy the "Garmin" folder to your memory card and replace some files as mentioned in the first post.

done it..bt still dont know how to start using it..i try launch every file dat look like start application file bt still bring me no where..sorry if my question sound so noob..
Apr 24th, 2010, 3:15 am
Apr 24th, 2010, 3:48 pm
xpemedo wrote:
fadytabar wrote:
xpemedo wrote:excuse me can sumbody help me wit instruction on how to install dis one?i download it already but i cant find the installer file..

Hi,

There no installer file. Just copy the "Garmin" folder to your memory card and replace some files as mentioned in the first post.

done it..bt still dont know how to start using it..i try launch every file dat look like start application file bt still bring me no where..sorry if my question sound so noob..

All instructions are available form artful in this post and many other posts.
Let me know what is your device (Branded or not? Chinese or not...) and what Windows CE version are you running so i can write a brief instruction for you.
Apr 24th, 2010, 3:48 pm
Apr 25th, 2010, 8:25 am
im using sony xperia x1 not chinese..windows 6.1...tq anyway
Apr 25th, 2010, 8:25 am
Apr 25th, 2010, 4:43 pm
xpemedo wrote:im using sony xperia x1 not chinese..windows 6.1...tq anyway

Unfortunately you are on the wrong thread.
Garmin XT can run verry well and easely on Windows mobile phones, i am running it on my HTC HD2 (Windows mobile 6.5.x) and working pefectly.
This thread is for windows CE devices. Try searching on windows mobile phone threads and i am sure you will find the very easy solution.

After all, both ways are simillar and ends up with the same result, but on windows mobile phone is much easier because you can install the unmodified version of Garmin from your PC while connecting the phone via active sync.
As i remember you will need 3 installable .exe files (GarminMobileXTforWindowsMobile_50020w.exe - GarminMobileXTFreeBasemap_4xxxx.exe - GarminMobileXTSupportFiles_4xxxx.exe) and the Key generator by JetMouse for unlocking both Garmin software and the map and you will need to create 2 license files (sw.unl and gmapprom.unl)
If you couldn't find what you are looking for just PM me or let me know, i will be ready to help.

Regards
Apr 25th, 2010, 4:43 pm
Apr 26th, 2010, 2:10 am
thanks fandytabar dats really nice of u..im try to look in other thread 1st..any problem i will getback to u..
Apr 26th, 2010, 2:10 am
Apr 27th, 2010, 3:39 am
fadytabar wrote:

Garmin XT can run verry well and easely on Windows mobile phones, i am running it on my HTC HD2 (Windows mobile 6.5.x) and working pefectly.

Regards

Hey, I got the same phone (HTC HD2) but no idea how to get the garmin xt running on it. Would you mind going ahead and give your step by step instructions like you were going to for the other noob? I got it extracted onto my card but haven't figured out from the posts what to do after it's there.

Thanks
Apr 27th, 2010, 3:39 am
Apr 30th, 2010, 9:41 pm
It keeps searching for gps device in wince pna chinese device, while the 5.00.20w karagiosis works fine, any clue ?
Apr 30th, 2010, 9:41 pm
May 4th, 2010, 8:06 pm
fadytabar wrote:
sasa84 wrote:Could You explain more directly why to run Garmin.mscr and not other .exe files?

If you open Garmin.mscr file on your PC using any text editor software like Worpad or notepade you can see that the .mscr is a script that execute several commands before running Garmin and after closing it.
Some of those commands are like copying the settings of Garmin software from the SD card to the internal memory of the device because Garmin always looks in the internal memory to load your last settings when you run it. Also it copy back the same settings to the SD card when you close Garmin.
The script also run the Port splitter on some versions and configure it for Garmin to find your GPS hardware on the appropriate com port. (not always needed)
Also it hide the tasakbar of windows while running and show it back while exiting.
At the end it runs the Que.exe and not Garmin.exe and this is the right exe file that should be run because the que.exe is hacked for windows CE6 Chinese devices so Garmin can find the Card ID which is always 111111111111 i guess.

Hope i was helpful and clear.
Let me know if you succeeded in running it on your Chinese device if you have one.

Regards.

Thank You for explanation. Neverthless I managed to instal it but it runs very slow.
May 4th, 2010, 8:06 pm
May 6th, 2010, 4:55 am
What's the difference between v5.00.30w and v5.00.20w? I've got 20w installed, works ok but has a few glitches. :? Thanks
May 6th, 2010, 4:55 am
May 6th, 2010, 10:02 pm
sitt01 wrote:Hello I have a poblem ,I can boot it ,but after i set for gamin online it reset to main menu of my gps how to solve it
thank a lot

same problem here.
SOS please!!!!!
May 6th, 2010, 10:02 pm
May 10th, 2010, 10:56 am
Hi All,

To those who can get it working and are still running to some problems like I faced ( i read through this thread and see that others are facing this problem too), here are the solutions to it:

Garmin crashes always to windows/runs out of memory(esp true for 64mb devices):
- Try using least/less as the map details, and north/track up and not 3d. This setting seems to use the least memory. See which works for you without running into problems.
- After starting garmin and getting a gps lock, just let it idle for a few mins before using it. If upon using it immediately, you may run into problems such as hang/crash/run out of memory/or a strange one where the map is empty as shown below:
- Keyboard. When entering text, the sucky Windows keyboard pops up, and some part of garmin isnt showing but the shell/win ce is showing instead, as shown below:
Go to settings > display
Then keyboards, and select the following:
Now, when you enter text in Garmin, you're presented with this:
Don't worry, we're just 1 click away. Click 'ABC' (bottom right corner), and we're presented with the keyboard we all love :)
The downside to it (but its much better then using the annoying stock windows keyboard), is you're presented with the foreign keyboard everytime and have to press 'ABC' to get to the English keyboard everytime. I think its very well worth that single click....

Hope this helps
May 10th, 2010, 10:56 am
May 20th, 2010, 9:26 am
izzit anybody can hack this to be run in WIN CE 5?
I really need garmin badly, tried all version but can run for first start..
when i tried to open que.exe directly without garmin.exe ( mortscript ) error msg appear " not valid wince application "

please help.
May 20th, 2010, 9:26 am
Jun 5th, 2010, 8:12 pm
I have been trying to make it work for long time. This damn device so insistent on searching bluetooth GPS. I cannot stop it. Even if I disable, it doesn't find internal GPS. How should I edit the *.mscr to make it work.

My device is Chinese 4,3", 128MB RAM and Win CE 6.0. I run iGo, Primo and Amigo without a problem.
Jun 5th, 2010, 8:12 pm
Jun 11th, 2010, 4:24 pm
Is it possible to have a modified "que.exe" to fix the "invalid unlock id" for the multilanguage version? Because the one that is posted it only allows to use the gps in Chinese, Taiwanese and English. It will be very useful if the rest of the languages are available!
Jun 11th, 2010, 4:24 pm
Jun 11th, 2010, 6:58 pm
mr.bip wrote:Is it possible to have a modified "que.exe" to fix the "invalid unlock id" for the multilanguage version? Because the one that is posted it only allows to use the gps in Chinese, Taiwanese and English. It will be very useful if the rest of the languages are available!

use 0 for id for your SD CARD, if you can't see that id, that happens sometimes, cause some devices call SD CARD like SDMMC, speciall chinese device, probably you have chinese device, and generate key with ID CARD 0, try to use button search, this is answered 1000 x here on forum!
Jun 11th, 2010, 6:58 pm

NO SIGNATURE