Section head: Crackalicious
Aug 1st, 2021, 9:53 am
Sometimes mega4up gives "There is a problem with this filehost please use another mirror". Try the blue arrow on todays Sunday Telegraph 10 times in a row, it happened 4 times for me, the rest of the times it downloaded OK.
Aug 1st, 2021, 9:53 am
Aug 2nd, 2021, 12:42 am
Just came across one,

viewtopic.php?f=1293&t=4409548

Going to the site, file downloads okay, using the premium arrow gives a message along the lines of problem with this file host, please use another mirror.

Ytord s few times in case it was a temporary glitch

Here is one more.

viewtopic.php?f=1293&t=4409574

After getting the mentioned error message by using the premium arrow on mega4up, I went to use the other link uploadrar, and got the less than 1 kB file.

hTh

Disk4mat wrote:Two more filehosts are now supported: drop.download (the old Dropapk) and ddownload.com. If you are not seeing blue arrows next to their links yet please refresh the following page: filehosts.xml (press Ctrl + R or the refresh button in your browser).

uncouth wrote:And with the mega4up return the 1kb file downloads are back using mega4up and uploadrar...

I haven't seen any mega4up links that failed myself yet, can you link me to it please?
Aug 2nd, 2021, 12:42 am
Aug 2nd, 2021, 12:02 pm
Mega4up .COM has changed its domain to Mega4up .ORG. We have added a filter to replace all previous links on Mobilism to the new format and added supported for the new domain in the Premium Downloader. If you do not yet see blue arrows next to mega4up.org links, please refresh your: filehosts.xml

@Readeraholic @wappa I think errors yesterday were related to this.
Aug 2nd, 2021, 12:02 pm
Aug 2nd, 2021, 2:19 pm
FYI

Still happening, decided to try them again.

To get the arrow I had to refresh. No problem there. But downloading the two files I had linked from mega4up still gives a message host error use another mirror,

As well, they still do the less than 1kb file, but I assume that is because they still sit in the cache,

I then cleared my cookies and tried again, got the split worlds file from mega4up this time eith the error, but it was the less than 1kb version, I then tried the other link, Tales of Love and Hate but the mega4up link gave the error message. Cleared the cache again but still got error message,

HTH

Edited to add:

Received the mega4up error message on a few other new files today, it seems to be about thirty percent of the time,
Aug 2nd, 2021, 2:19 pm
Aug 2nd, 2021, 9:25 pm
Got a 404 Not Found using the Blue Arrow on uploaded.to, but direct download or d/l manager works. Just FYI.

viewtopic.php?f=1293&t=2994271&hilit=jodi+taylor
Aug 2nd, 2021, 9:25 pm

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Aug 3rd, 2021, 12:12 am
Anonyma'am wrote:Got a 404 Not Found using the Blue Arrow on uploaded.to, but direct download or d/l manager works. Just FYI.

Decided to test this one out, strangely the arrow worked for the uploaded.to - but the mega4up link caused the "There is a problem with this file host. Please try another mirror" message, file did DL when I went to mega4up,

@diskman
Ps not complaining, simply attempting to help,provide enough data to track down the glitch,
HTH.
Aug 3rd, 2021, 12:12 am
Aug 3rd, 2021, 6:16 am
Readeraholic wrote:
Anonyma'am wrote:Got a 404 Not Found using the Blue Arrow on uploaded.to, but direct download or d/l manager works. Just FYI.

Decided to test this one out, strangely the arrow worked for the uploaded.to - but the mega4up link caused the "There is a problem with this file host. Please try another mirror" message, file did DL when I went to mega4up,

@diskman
Ps not complaining, simply attempting to help,provide enough data to track down the glitch,
HTH.

{smh} Oh, well.
BTW, if you get that "problem" message, you can try 2 things: close the box and click the arrow again, or (believe it or not) just leave it alone and go on to something else. It will download in a few minutes.
Aug 3rd, 2021, 6:16 am

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Aug 4th, 2021, 11:17 pm
I'm looking into the issue with mega4up.org links ocassionally not working. So far I don't see any pattern, it seems to happen at random. The same link can return an error but in a couple seconds work again.
Aug 4th, 2021, 11:17 pm
Aug 5th, 2021, 12:35 am
I started computers back in 1989. Been around for quite a while but have NEVER seen a website even close to mobilism! Every time I had any questions the response time has ALWAYS been quick and Helpful. Thanks to all staff & admins!!!!
Aug 5th, 2021, 12:35 am
Aug 5th, 2021, 4:33 pm
Two updates:
- fastclick.to has been added as a supported filehost. If you do not yet see blue arrows next to mega4up.org links, please refresh your: filehosts.xml
- ddownload.com is experiencing some issues that we're investigating
Aug 5th, 2021, 4:33 pm
Aug 7th, 2021, 11:47 am
[*]Mega4up.org fails most of the time (blue arrow - try another mirror), which is a bummer, as some of the uploaders rely on it, Even after multiple tries it will not work.
Aug 7th, 2021, 11:47 am
Aug 7th, 2021, 2:44 pm
mrgenetics wrote:[*]Mega4up.org fails most of the time (blue arrow - try another mirror), which is a bummer, as some of the uploaders rely on it, Even after multiple tries it will not work.

I can confirm that

ex: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4422638

[edit]

after maybe 5 minutes and 20 clicks - it did finally connected

[additional edit]

- click on premium - 'problem with server' error
- close and reopen the page, click again, and voila'

this has worked 3 times for me.
Aug 7th, 2021, 2:44 pm
Aug 7th, 2021, 11:39 pm
stillnoar wrote:

Not sure what you mean here? The problem has gone from occasional to chronic. Mega4up is unusable. :(

Edit:

Maybe if the uploaders could please add a backup premium link until this is sorted.
Aug 7th, 2021, 11:39 pm
Aug 8th, 2021, 12:38 am
stillnoar wrote:
sdrew wrote:
stillnoar wrote:

Not sure what you mean here? The problem has gone from occasional to chronic. Mega4up is unusable.

What I have done (and just confirmed it works again) is when I hit the premium download arrow and get the "filehost problem" error, I close the tab, then reopen the tab, and now when I click the download arrow it goes through and downloads.
Not a fix to the problem, but a work around that is currenntly working for me.
Aug 8th, 2021, 12:38 am
Aug 8th, 2021, 12:53 am
stillnoar wrote:What I have done (and just confirmed it works again) is when I hit the premium download arrow and get the "filehost problem" error, I close the tab, then reopen the tab, and now when I click the download arrow it goes through and downloads.
Not a fix to the problem, but a work around that is currently working for me.

Thanks for the quick reply. Haven't been able to reproduce it. Close the premium download tab by clicking on the cross in top right corner, and then reopening it? If so, I didn't have success.
Aug 8th, 2021, 12:53 am