Mar 21st, 2020, 3:01 am
tordajav wrote:I would like to instal this app into my android car radio.
Is there any chance to copy the maps from my phone, cause its 3gb data and I dont have stabile WiFi near my car?
I cant find them in my smartphone. Where are they stored? Anybody knows?
Thanks

Copy the Tomtom Go .apk on to a mem stick and use the android car radio to install it. (If you have a USB plug in the Radio)
ones that is done turn your cellphone in to a hot spot and connect the Radio to it , and run the app you have just install and every thing will work like normal.
Thats what we did to make it work, but if you know there is a update for it do the same again make your cellphone in to a hot spot and download the new map.
You can always leave your cellphone in hot spot mode when your in the car so you can still get all the other as will.
Hope That Help you.
Mar 21st, 2020, 3:01 am

Samsung:
S24plus + 256gb Android 14.
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.
Mar 21st, 2020, 3:09 am
ktx-nz wrote:Copy the Tomtom Go .apk on to a mem stick and use the android car radio to install it. (If you have a USB plug in the Radio)
ones that is done turn your cellphone in to a hot spot and connect the Radio to it , and run the app you have just install and every thing will work like normal.
Thats what we did to make it work, but if you know there is a update for it do the same again make your cellphone in to a hot spot and download the new map.
You can always leave your cellphone in hot spot mode when your in the car so you can still get all the other as will.
Hope That Help you.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try using my cellphone as a hotspot but I thought, since the maps are already somewhere in my smartphone, its easier just to copy them...
Mar 21st, 2020, 3:09 am
Mar 21st, 2020, 6:56 am
tordajav wrote:
ktx-nz wrote:Copy the Tomtom Go .apk on to a mem stick and use the android car radio to install it. (If you have a USB plug in the Radio)
Hope That Help you.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try using my cellphone as a hotspot but I thought, since the maps are already somewhere in my smartphone, its easier just to copy them...

I think every android system is different, I think my mates car was android 6 I am rinning android 10 so you just can't copy stuff over thinking it going to work ok some of the stuff you need is in the data dir and some may be in the root dir god know where.. so it best to do it the way I did it.
your car android radio must have WiFi like my mates radio did so we were lucky on that one..
Mar 21st, 2020, 6:56 am

Samsung:
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.
Mar 21st, 2020, 6:58 pm
ktx-nz wrote:I think every android system is different, I think my mates car was android 6 I am rinning android 10 so you just can't copy stuff over thinking it going to work ok some of the stuff you need is in the data dir and some may be in the root dir god know where.. so it best to do it the way I did it.
your car android radio must have WiFi like my mates radio did so we were lucky on that one..

Thanks. I appreciate your opinion. Lets leave it simple
Mar 21st, 2020, 6:58 pm
Apr 12th, 2020, 7:23 am
tetitons wrote:v2.0.7 Final ?

No Final is a long way off yet.
Apr 12th, 2020, 7:23 am

Samsung:
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.
Apr 15th, 2020, 3:28 pm
Still nothing is known for a new update?
Apr 15th, 2020, 3:28 pm
Apr 22nd, 2020, 8:25 pm
SegaMic wrote:Still nothing is known for a new update?

it´s still the latest and works great (v1.18.1)
Apr 22nd, 2020, 8:25 pm

Regards

MrPlainkey
Apr 22nd, 2020, 11:03 pm
SegaMic wrote:Still nothing is known for a new update?

It will be a while yet b4 the final version comes out sorry to say..
Apr 22nd, 2020, 11:03 pm

Samsung:
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.
Apr 23rd, 2020, 1:24 pm
ktx-nz wrote:It will be a while yet b4 the final version comes out sorry to say..

Oh yes, I imagined ... :wink:

:wave:
Apr 23rd, 2020, 1:24 pm
Apr 23rd, 2020, 1:28 pm
MrPlainkey wrote:it´s still the latest and works great (v1.18.1)

Yes, it certainly works very well ..
Usually in this period the new version has already come out.

This works fine and is stable.
The usual story of running after updates.
bye thank you :wink:
Apr 23rd, 2020, 1:28 pm
May 22nd, 2020, 9:37 pm
The newest version is not much of an update, released on May 1st 2020
May 22nd, 2020, 9:37 pm
May 23rd, 2020, 12:51 pm
trav34 wrote:The newest version is not much of an update, released on May 1st 2020

Thanks for the information ;)
Where did you find this new version?
Hello and thanks
May 23rd, 2020, 12:51 pm
May 26th, 2020, 6:07 pm
daffyduck wrote:Did you get 1047 maps update? It's April reales but i still have 1045
http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answer ... on-devices

Not yet, i just checked.
May 26th, 2020, 6:07 pm

https://uploadrar.com/ is best of links to download from here, works everytime & way less hassle......thank you to all modders who use it