Jun 3rd, 2020, 3:23 pm
1050 maps out now and updated on my device.
Jun 3rd, 2020, 3:23 pm

Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro 128GB
Jun 4th, 2020, 8:04 am
daffyduck wrote:1050 maps out now and updated on my device.

I wanted to do it too, but my S7 Edge won't connect to a server yesterday and today also. I tried it on my android car radio and it connected with a server right away.
Is it maybe a connection problem with my smartphone if I have TomTom Navigation Nds v1.8.10 [Mod] installed also? Cause TomTom Navigation Nds v1.8.10 [Mod] has connected immediately.
Thanks
Jun 4th, 2020, 8:04 am
Jun 4th, 2020, 8:12 am
I would say its a connection problem with your phone I have both tomtom GPS installed and I can download all the maps.
so I would say there is something stopping the connection..
What are you running in the background ?

Are you running WiFi or Mobile Data to d/l the Maps
Jun 4th, 2020, 8:12 am

Samsung:
S24plus + 256gb Android 14.
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.
Jun 4th, 2020, 8:38 am
ktx-nz wrote:I would say its a connection problem with your phone I have both tomtom GPS installed and I can download all the maps.
so I would say there is something stopping the connection..
What are you running in the background ?

Are you running WiFi or Mobile Data to d/l the Maps

I've tried both, WiFi and mobile data. Tried to disable AdGuard completely and only Tomtom in AdGuard but it didn't help. AdGuard settings for TomTom Navigation Nds and for Tomtom Go are the same and one connects and another won't.
Any other idea?
Jun 4th, 2020, 8:38 am
Jun 4th, 2020, 9:06 am
I leave my AdGuard going and it still d/l ok.
both tomtom map are different and they don't come from the same place just to let you know.do you run any other apps in the background.
I run Malwarebytes Premium virus checker but don't need to turn that off also.
I have just done a update 2day for Tomtom go and did Tomtom NDS yesterday both d/l all ok for me.
just one more thing are you running both Tomtom GPS on your SD Card ?
Jun 4th, 2020, 9:06 am

Samsung:
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.
Jun 4th, 2020, 9:19 am
ktx-nz wrote:just one more thing are you running both Tomtom GPS on your SD Card ?

Yes, both are on my SD card.
I'm not sure what are you thinking about when you say "in a background"... I don't have Malwarebytes. Should I turn off something specific?
Thanks for the replies
Jun 4th, 2020, 9:19 am
Jun 4th, 2020, 9:47 am
Damn thats your Prob then, Tomtom NDS is not made for SD Cards and I couldn't get Tomtom Go to work on SD Card to I have both install on internal Storage
you will have to reinstall them both on internal Storage to get them to work ok
Sorry to say.
Jun 4th, 2020, 9:47 am

Samsung:
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.
Jun 4th, 2020, 10:07 am
Thanks for that. Tomtom Go stopped working I think since I've installed Tomtom NDS too. Strange NDS is working on SD card.
I tried uninstalling NDS (cause I have it only since April), and tried if Tomtom Go connects then, but it didn't.
Damn.. thanks for your time ktx-nz!
Jun 4th, 2020, 10:07 am
Jun 4th, 2020, 10:25 am
You were lucky to get it going I try and it didn't work at all for me :)
Tomtom Go will stop working cos the Maps is not in the right Dir :)
you will find if you install them both on internal Storage they will both work 100% together will they do for me on my S10+
I put Tomtom Go on just in case Tomtom NDS didn't work but I had to use Tomtom just ones when Tomtom NDS stop working just ones
but always use NDS version the main screen looks a lot better.
Jun 4th, 2020, 10:25 am

Samsung:
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.
Jun 4th, 2020, 11:24 am
OK, I uninstalled both of them. Wanted to install Tomtom Go and it automatically installed on SD card (didn't asked me where do I want it). It wouldn't go further from start screen even I restarted the phone and put the OBB file right. It started further only when I deleted the app cache and data from app memory settings in Application Manager. It downloaded latest maps successfully and works good with the Traffic (from the SD card). I won't install NDS cause I don't want to make a mess again and I got already used to Tomtom Go.
Just wonder why it installed automatically to the SD card... when there is in the internal memory still more that 11GB free space.
Jun 4th, 2020, 11:24 am
Jun 4th, 2020, 10:48 pm
You must have done something wrong when you install it to make it install it to SD Card.
I don't use obb file on my phone.

Did you do this when you first install install Tomtom Go.
if you didn't install it this way I would clear app cache and data from app memory and re-install this way:

1) install the app from Google Play store. <--------DO THIS FIRST !!!!!!
2) run it, close. <----------------------------------DO THIS BUT do not download any Maps or Voices
3) uninstall from Application Manager. <-------------THEN THIS BUT do not uninstall it with The Google Store !!!!!!
Please note do not use 3rd party uninstallers only use what came with your phone or tablet......
4) install Tomtom_Go_Navigation & Traffic Patched <--NOW THIS
5) restart phone
I did this setup when I first install Tomtom Go.
Jun 4th, 2020, 10:48 pm

Samsung:
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.
Jun 4th, 2020, 11:08 pm
I am pretty sure I've followed all the steps from the first post. As you've mentioned, I didn't need the OBB file also the last time I've installed it. It just wouldn't go further from the start screen.
First uninstalled and cleaned with Ccleaner. Maybe the problem was I didn't restarted my phone after uninstalling.
Jun 4th, 2020, 11:08 pm
Jun 4th, 2020, 11:41 pm
True ot you might need the obb file but don't know why.
I had a S7 Edge B4 I got my new phone and had no prob with that one as will.
Start again and follow the Instructions like they say to do.
Jun 4th, 2020, 11:41 pm

Samsung:
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.
Jul 3rd, 2020, 11:38 pm
I see there is a new version out now for this app.
TomTom GPS Navigation - Live Traffic Alerts & Maps 2.2.1
could be a beta but I don't know at the moment.
Jul 3rd, 2020, 11:38 pm

Samsung:
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.
Jul 4th, 2020, 1:34 am
ktx-nz wrote:I see there is a new version out now for this app.
TomTom GPS Navigation - Live Traffic Alerts & Maps 2.2.1
could be a beta but I don't know at the moment.

This is I believe for iPhone
Jul 4th, 2020, 1:34 am