Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Mar 30th, 2020, 11:32 am
Does anyone else find it impossible to download files from Centfile and/or Restfilee?

I follow the links that Nightqueen posts (for which, thanks) but then get stuck. I press the 'download' button and it simply reloads the selfsame page... I press it multiple times; the same thing... I swear at it; the same thing!

Is there some magic dust I need to sprinkle on it? Wtf?

And yes, I PM'ed Nightqueen several times without a response, so I'm left to ask the world at large. Anyone help?

Cheers

N
Mar 30th, 2020, 11:32 am
Mar 30th, 2020, 1:45 pm
ProfN wrote: I press the 'download' button and it simply reloads the selfsame page...

There is no 'download' button in Centfile, there is a button called "Fast" and its location changes all the time. This is the current variation: https://i.imgur.com/ha8a9Xb.png

Please open this topic, find Centfile and click on 'expand' to see all the steps: .exe or Virus warning after downloading a file (Download instructions)

EDIT (October 3, 2020): the names and location of the buttons has changed again. Please check the Instructions topic.
Mar 30th, 2020, 1:45 pm
Mar 30th, 2020, 1:48 pm
Ah, thanks a million :-)

Stay safe

N
Mar 30th, 2020, 1:48 pm
Mar 31st, 2020, 10:05 am
I`m a for life subscriber but wanted to say thanks. That screenshot is a huge help for users! Nice! Go paid. It`s the only way to go!
Mar 31st, 2020, 10:05 am
Apr 25th, 2020, 7:07 pm
Thank you so much! I have been stymied for so long.
Apr 25th, 2020, 7:07 pm
Jul 10th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Thanks for this thread. I had also been stuck now for a couple of hours. Shouldn't info for strange download sites like these be announced in some way?
Jul 10th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Jul 11th, 2020, 10:23 am
mekew wrote:Thanks for this thread. I had also been stuck now for a couple of hours. Shouldn't info for strange download sites like these be announced in some way?

The info is announced, please see:

• eBook Releases: .exe or Virus warning after downloading an app, ebook etc. (Download instructions)
• eBooks Requests: Having a problem with an EXE file? READ THIS! (Download instructions)
• eBooks Social Club: .exe or Virus warning after downloading a file (discussions)

• Announcements: .exe or Virus warning after downloading a file (Download Instructions)

Android:
.exe or virus warning after downloading an app (Download instructions)
.exe or virus warning after downloading a game (Download instructions)
Jul 11th, 2020, 10:23 am
Jul 19th, 2020, 9:12 am
merry60 wrote:
mekew wrote:Thanks for this thread. I had also been stuck now for a couple of hours. Shouldn't info for strange download sites like these be announced in some way?

• eBook Releases: .exe or Virus warning after downloading an app, ebook etc. (Download instructions)

All of these are titled ".exe or Virus warning after downloading".
When you can't download anything at all, you do not have a virus warning.
It may be obvious to you that the subtitle is important, but to the layman, it isn't where we'd think to look for info about all the hoops these perverse sites make us jump.
Jul 19th, 2020, 9:12 am
Jul 19th, 2020, 11:15 am
jampacked wrote:
merry60 wrote:

All of these are titled ".exe or Virus warning after downloading".
When you can't download anything at all, you do not have a virus warning.
It may be obvious to you that the subtitle is important, but to the layman, it isn't where we'd think to look for info about all the hoops these perverse sites make us jump.

You mean that (Download instructions) is not specific enough? I'd say that anyone searching for instructions to download should be able to find the topics.

For your information, nine (9) out of every ten (10) complaints regarding filehosts are about viruses, trojans, .exes, malware, etc. The remaining one is about Centfile.
Jul 19th, 2020, 11:15 am
Jul 22nd, 2020, 3:56 am
merry60 wrote:You mean that (Download instructions) is not specific enough? I'd say that anyone searching for instructions to download should be able to find the topics.

It may be obvious to you, you already know what it is, maybe you helped write it.

It wasn't to me at all. When you have something in brackets at the end, it's an afterthought, implied relating to the main topic: "exe or Virus warning". I guessed it was "download instructions" for an antivirus app or the like. Since I didn't have any "exe or Virus warning", I passed it by.

Something more obvious might be "How to download from different file hosts".
Jul 22nd, 2020, 3:56 am
Jul 22nd, 2020, 10:30 pm
It's not accepting my registered password can u help?
Jul 22nd, 2020, 10:30 pm
Aug 14th, 2020, 4:21 am
Wow, Thank you! I would NOT have figured that out on my own
Aug 14th, 2020, 4:21 am
Aug 20th, 2020, 5:19 pm
Thank you so much! I'm glad I decided to search for an answer here instead of giving up. I was so frustrated..
Aug 20th, 2020, 5:19 pm
Sep 16th, 2020, 2:41 am
I read the help thread, but legit still spent 15 minutes finding every button then I realized I can Cmd+F it lol.
So my minor addition to the help thread:
1. cmd/ctrl+F fast
2. check captcha, cmd/ctrl+F speed
3. cmd/ctrl+F link
Sep 16th, 2020, 2:41 am